OPINIONS ON: 1975 Plymouth Fury/Road Runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OPINIONS ON: 1975 Plymouth Fury/Road Runner

Yes not a lot of great memorable cars from 1975, but who says a '75 car has to be the vehicle of choice for a project or completed car? The size of the bumpers alone are enough to make a person puke. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by ghustler
      Originally posted by Bobbie Kincade
      A person really as to be committed to Mopars to love a 1975 Fury / Road Runner.
      Yea because the other brands really had a lot to choose from also, a nice Chevrolet Caprice was a real keeper!
      ...Or a nice rubber Z/28...

Comment

I'm a fan of alternative body styles. The right wheel and tire combo with a cool stance can over come the jumbo bumpers. Ok, it can a bit. If the engine is a gutless turd. Well, make adjustments. You know like 440 adjustments.

The greatest thing about cars is if you don't like the way it is; make adjustments.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbie Kincade
          Yes not a lot of great memorable cars from 1975, but who says a '75 car has to be the vehicle of choice for a project or completed car?
          Well, if that's what you've got to start with and you have a limited budget...

...same reason so many of these kids screw around with rice.

And y'know - one of my first cars was a '68 Monaco. Not a musclecar or hot rod by any stretch of the imagination, but it was a big-block and I loved it.

Kinda wish I had another one actually.

Nothing wrong with these guys messing with cars they like, even if we don't care for 'em. Beats the hell outta a civic with a 10 - foot wing.

Comment

The entire reason I started doing these: To showcase alternative bodystyles that I've almost never see done well. How hard is it to scrap a worthless boat anchor of a motor and do it right? Paint goes miles for appearances, and for most of the cars I've showcased, a song will get you into a nice one, or do like I did with my Mirada and start cheap and stay cheap!

It's too damn rare anymore to find a good Charger, or Camaro, or Mustang to play with. Cars were produced after '72.

[/rant]
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
              The entire reason I started doing these: To showcase alternative bodystyles that I've almost never see done well. How hard is it to scrap a worthless boat anchor of a motor and do it right? Paint goes miles for appearances, and for most of the cars I've showcased, a song will get you into a nice one, or do like I did with my Mirada and start cheap and stay cheap!

It's too damn rare anymore to find a good Charger, or Camaro, or Mustang to play with. Cars were produced after '72.

[/rant]
              So true.This hobby isnt about money or how to make more of them.Its really about cars ;)

Comment

I see nothing wrong with those cars as long as you don't think they are AAR Cudas or 71 GTX HEMIs.
                Build them for what they are and really enjoy them.
                On the other hand a 74 LTD 4 door with a 460 is a land barge no matter what you do to it!

Comment

Kinda cool in a odd way.

Comment

Chrysler, in my opinion had the best looking cars of the porcine, smog laden, underpowered, massive land barge days of the mid to late 1970's.

I'd roll in that without reservation!

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                      Chrysler, in my opinion had the best looking cars of the porcine, smog laden, underpowered, massive land barge days of the mid to late 1970's.

I'd roll in that without reservation!

Brian
                      HAH..

Comment

the blue single headlight car looks pretty cool...not a a fan of the stacked headlights...i have never seen the truck logo/decal on the white car.....stance is all wrong...lower 4 inches and we're in bizz....
                        "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Working...
                        X