Southern Fishing Story ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Fishing Story ...

I finally got around to going fishing this mornin' - but after a while, I ran out of worms.
    Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth, and frogs are good bass bait.

Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth, I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog and put it in my bait bucket..

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bitten - I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth.
    His eyes rolled back, he went limp, I released him into the lake without incident, and carried on my fishing, using the frog.

A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot.
    There was that same snake with two frogs in his mouth.

;D

Re: Southern Fishing Story ...

Good one!
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Does this look like the snake?

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
          Does this look like the snake?
          Nope that looks like a juvenile Eastern Diamondback or Western Diamondback rattlesnake.

The Cottonmouth or Water Moccasin is a pit viper without rattles. Often when disturbed it draws into a loose coil, cocks its head upwards and opens its mouth wide to reveal the whitish interior lining, hence the name cottonmouth. It does not have to be coiled to strike, but can deliver a bite from almost any position, either in or out of the water. It is an unpredictable snake. Some individuals are calm and sluggish while others may be very aggressive. A water snake, the cottonmouth is found along stream banks, in swamps, margins of lakes and in tree-bordered marshes. It hunts at night for its prey of fish, frogs and other snakes, lizards and small mammals. The poisonous bite of this reptile results in great pain and severe swelling.

Comment

We have 'em here. I've only seen 2 snakes in 5 years here - one was a garter snake (bigger than in Michigan) and the other was unfamiliar to be but I looked it up at the time and it was NOT venomous. I leave them alone and they leave me alone - a good deal all the way around.

Dan

Comment

Working...
            X