Happy Thanksgiving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you all for the warm welcome I've received here. Most excellent fun, and I think Maxton is on my map one time for the upcoming season. It'll be a stretch, but I gotta go see that.

And in honor of everybody here and the Thanksgiving holiday, I dug out a tune I recorded....

Here's a blast from the past. Back when I made music. A seasonal tribute.

Here's hoping you all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

Rusty (peewee), Sue, Spankie and Frecklee at Weeville in Tennessee

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Rusty & family (although it is really early yet).
    I love your song 'Em Ovair, very funny.

Looking at your avatar, I am really sorry you are landlocked and forced to fish in fresh water lakes.
    Here is a Triple Tail I caught off the coast of Cape Canaveral on my friends 18' Everglades "flats" boat.

Comment

Rusty, that's some nice picking you've got going on 8).
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
        Happy Thanksgiving Rusty & family (although it is really early yet).

Looking at your avatar, I am really sorry you are landlocked and forced to fish in fresh water lakes.
        Here is a Triple Tail I caught off the coast of Cape Canaveral on my friends 18' Everglades "flats" boat.

Gawd. You nearly need a bigger boat.

My avatar pic is a house ago from SC, all I could come up with in a hurry here. We've since moved to TN. Can't do no fishin' in the back yard anymore.

Comment

Interestingly, 5-minutes later, I caught his mate, which was jumping up to see what was happening during the 15-minute fight on the first one.

Comment

happy turkey day newbie

Comment

"Happy Thanksgiving Rusty & family (although it is really early yet)."

Yeah, it IS early. I've got all of next week off and getting lots of Happy Thanksgiving emails from the network, so there ya go.

Shoot, people around here are already decorating their houses for Christmas. What's up with that? I dunno. A two-month celebration. I can't get quite THAT far into it.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                Shoot, people around here are already decorating their houses for Christmas. What's up with that? I dunno. A two-month celebration. I can't get quite THAT far into it.
                I agree.
                Putting up Christmas decorations even before Thanksgiving is like saying, forget family & friends,
                getting as many presents as possible is more important.
                :P

Comment

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :D
                  Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Gobble-Gobble ;D! ~J/W.

Comment

Like the tune - and the pickin'. Bring your axe to Maxton and I'll hook you up with the SNART guys. They usually have a Pick & Sing on Saturday night.

On an unrelated topic - maybe you can write a tune about my new acquaintance, Tom Deet. I was in Lowes and needed a hand ordering something. We got that done and the guy helping me took off his vest and said "Tom Deet". I extended my hand and said "Dan Stokes". He said "NO! Tom Deet". Then I realized it was noon and he was leaving to get some sustenance. Gotta be a song in THAT!

Happy T-Day to all at the Pee Wee house. We're driving to Florida to dine with my old Mom.

Dan

Comment

Have a great day everyone. Eat too much. Drink too much. Watch too much football. Fall asleep in front of the tube and snore too much. Hopefully, everyone will be spending the day with their friends and family that they thank God everyday for being in their life.

in short, have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!!
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Tom Deet. I've met him here in Tennessee.

The folks from Riceville, TN, have it melted down even further with their local dialect. The one-syllable sentence is pronounced, "Squeet!"

If anybody here has any trouble swallowing that, it's actually, "Let's go eat."

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                            Rusty, that's some nice picking you've got going on 8).
                            Ditto !

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                              Have a great day everyone. Eat too much. Drink too much. Watch too much football. Fall asleep in front of the tube and snore too much. Hopefully, everyone will be spending the day with their friends and family that they thank God everyday for being in their life.

in short, have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!!
                              Gosh, more true words were never spoken. We're not gonna live. Life is a terminal disease. Let's enjoy while we can!!! How often do we forget that - often every day.

Comment

Working...
                              X