X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Originally posted by peewee
    Originally posted by White Monster
    Happy Thanksgiving Rusty & family (although it is really early yet).

Looking at your avatar, I am really sorry you are landlocked and forced to fish in fresh water lakes.
    Here is a Triple Tail I caught off the coast of Cape Canaveral on my friends 18' Everglades "flats" boat.

Gawd. You nearly need a bigger boat.

My avatar pic is a house ago from SC, all I could come up with in a hurry here. We've since moved to TN. Can't do no fishin' in the back yard anymore.
    So, based on need I changed my avitar to something more pertinent. It's a pic of me playing out in a dive in Lancaster, SC. We played the blues, and nobody understood it. A harmonica player showed up, a friend if the bar owner. He was really good.

He wouldn't play on every song, only the ones he knew. While sitting in the crowd, a woman asked him, "Are these guys GOOD?" Since we did no Willie Nelson songs, they had no clue. But they enjoyed drinking.

So, I didn't quit my day job.

But the avatar image is all skewed and distorted. I have no real techno-skills. People around me think I do, but I don't.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

"Happy Thanksgiving Rusty & family (although it is really early yet)."

Yeah, it IS early. I've got all of next week off and getting lots of Happy Thanksgiving emails from the network, so there ya go.

Shoot, people around here are already decorating their houses for Christmas. What's up with that? I dunno. A two-month celebration. I can't get quite THAT far into it.
      Ditto here too on seeeing early Xmas lights and blow up Santa's, WTF?

Anyone going to deep fry a Turkey this year? I've had the setup for doing it a couple years and mite try it this year, any advise?
      (i know, refer to youtube on how NOT to do it ;D)

An early Happy Turkey to all as well.
      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13

Yeah, it IS early. I've got all of next week off and getting lots of Happy Thanksgiving emails from the network, so there ya go.

Shoot, people around here are already decorating their houses for Christmas. What's up with that? I dunno. A two-month celebration. I can't get quite THAT far into it.
        Ditto here too on seeeing early Xmas lights and blow up Santa's, WTF?

Anyone going to deep fry a Turkey this year? I've had the setup for doing it a couple years and mite try it this year, any advise?
        (i know, refer to youtube on how NOT to do it ;D)

An early Happy Turkey to all as well.

Three and a quarter by three and a quarter. 325 degrees on the peanut or vegetable oil, 3 1/4 minutes per pound of bird. Put the bird in the pot and use water to measure how much oil you'll need to cover the bird. No way to guess how much oil you need unless you measure it first.

For best results, inject the bird with cajun injector stuff - goop and injection hardware required.

DANGER - WARNING-CAUTION - Do all of this outside away from the house in a spot of ground you don't care about ruining - it makes a mess. If you do it on a concrete pad, do NOT put newspapers down BEFORE you make a mess - fire! fire! Use long kitchen mitts or welder's gloves to lower the bird into the hot oil. It's going to react and boil out of the pot briefly. The oil is going to roll out of the pot and down onto the burner and catch fire. Get out of the way and enjoy the show. It doesn't last long. When things settle down, THEN put papers down to soak up the oil if you did this job on concrete.

Three and a quarter minutes per pound later, put on your safety gear and get the bird out of the pot and let it sit for about 15 minutes before you carve it. It's tempting to go straight at it, but wait. It's still cooking, plus you'll get burned trying to carve it.

If you've never had fried turkey....well, it's the best. Anybody who still bakes turkey has obviously never tasted fried turkey. It's like the difference between ice cream and dirt.

Comment

[quote=peewee ]
          [quote=mustang13 ]

Three and a quarter by three and a quarter. 325 degrees on the peanut or vegetable oil, 3 1/4 minutes per pound of bird. Put the bird in the pot and use water to measure how much oil you'll need to cover the bird. No way to guess how much oil you need unless you measure it first.

For best results, inject the bird with cajun injector stuff - goop and injection hardware required.

DANGER - WARNING-CAUTION - Do all of this outside away from the house in a spot of ground you don't care about ruining - it makes a mess. If you do it on a concrete pad, do NOT put newspapers down BEFORE you make a mess - fire! fire! Use long kitchen mitts or welder's gloves to lower the bird into the hot oil. It's going to react and boil out of the pot briefly. The oil is going to roll out of the pot and down onto the burner and catch fire. Get out of the way and enjoy the show. It doesn't last long. When things settle down, THEN put papers down to soak up the oil if you did this job on concrete.

Three and a quarter minutes per pound later, put on your safety gear and get the bird out of the pot and let it sit for about 15 minutes before you carve it. It's tempting to go straight at it, but wait. It's still cooking, plus you'll get burned trying to carve it.

If you've never had fried turkey....well, it's the best. Anybody who still bakes turkey has obviously never tasted fried turkey. It's like the difference between ice cream and dirt.

The wearing of shirt and real shoes, no flip flops, is strongly recommended. We know this sounds ridiculously obvious to most of you, but a couple of you have tried cooking bacon in your birthday suit.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

[quote=Rebeldryver ]
            [quote=peewee ]
            Originally posted by mustang13

The wearing of shirt and real shoes, no flip flops, is strongly recommended. We know this sounds ridiculously obvious to most of you, but a couple of you have tried cooking bacon in your birthday suit.

It's a SERIOUS safety issue. Frying a turkey is a major hazard for the first minute you put the bird in there. After that, it's just drink another beer and watch and play with the valve on the tank to hold the temperature.. That first minute....

I wonder how turkey fryers are still on the market, when you figure in that somebody sued McDonald's and won over a hot coffee burn.

Comment

Kinda like my rule:

Don't fry Bacon Naked !

Comment

Well, about 30 years ago, I was frying bacon naked. See, I got up before she did, and ...............where am I going with this?

Comment

Well, about 30 years ago, I was frying bacon naked. See, I got up before she did, and ...............where am I going with this?
                  I know I burned my dunnie too ............. We should do a poll ?

Comment

You guy's aren't right :D. ~J/W.

Comment

We may not be right, but here's another one along the Thanksgiving lines- soryy, I just can't stop:

Comment

The way I found this forum was via the hit counter on my website. I have to be watching the counter to see who's there at any given moment. I have to be there to catch it. It's a moving picure.

Here's one I just captured. I'm thinking Cheech and Chong - "Heeeeeeeeeey maaaaaaan, 50 Chevy!"

Comment

Oh, one more thing about the fried turkey - When the bird comes out of the pot, you'll be horrified at the look of it. The outside skin will be charred black. That's normal. It's not ruined. After it cools down a bit, peel that off and carve it.

Comment

Enjoy the day! Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Working...
                            X