New Farm Tractor Project that fell in my lap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Farm Tractor Project that fell in my lap

That Yard is screaming for some fun tractor time for that young man sitting on that tractor. have Him paint it and help with the work. what a great way to enjoy the kids.

Comment

My son Cam has helped with this project more than any other. It might have something to do with him wanting to drive it when its back together. He's a Ford kid but, would rather have a green and yellow tractor for some reason ;D.

Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

My dad and I went and looked at a Massey Ferguson Work Bull 202 a few weeks ago. Basically a newer version of the 8N, but an industrial model. We were considering selling our old Allis Chalmers WD in favor of the Work Bull because it had a loader. The problem was the guy tore the whole thing down to the frame for paint, and had begun disassembling the motor and the transmission. He had parts scattered EVERYWHERE, we weren't even sure if all of the parts were there. We also discovered that it was built without a 3pt hitch or a PTO, so that kinda broke the deal for us. We decided to keep the WD and invest in a 3pt hitch adapter for the Snap Coupler lift. We were really surprised at how heavy built that 202 was, even heavier than the farm versions. Would definitely survive a nuclear attack with ease.
        Still plays with trucks....

Comment

RED!!! Boy, Tractor Supply Co. paint sticky. My garage looks like the surface of Mars.

Next up, the gray gets sprayed.

Comment

WOW That is Red! Great job Jeremy!

Comment

Sweet mechanical music and sweet fast work!

holy mother of progress batman!

You rock!

Great that your son is helping you with this one - he'll remember it all his life.

I hear you about tractor paint - I used tractor supply gray to paint my pallet racks -- STICKY!

How much did you thin it and with what to get it to spray? I brushed the racks...
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

No kidding - nice progress Jeremy - next thing ya know you'll be buying a snow blade for that puppy.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Billy the Kid (Matt) below is the money man behind this project. Nelly the N is going down the road to the first guy that flashes Matt or I the green stuff. The two of have decided that we are going to look for more old tractors needing a new lease on life in change for a profit flip.

And Phil, a back blade to sweeten the deal was already talked about ;D, all we will need is some snow the day we post the craigslist add to make it all come together.

Comment

Sounds like a great plan and you get to have fun restoring stuff at the same time.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Nice work. The old boy has a 49 Ferguson TEA20 that I'll inherit one day. It could use a nice freshening like that.

Comment

Drop it off when ya get it ;D

Comment

Some updated progress for Sunday and today.

Matt got all the sheet metal sand blasted, hope to have it all gray by Friday

Comment

Just finished up the getting the chassis back together and running. Here are some pic's and a video

Comment

GREAT job man - that thing looks and sounds awesome!

other than the carb and new plugs - did you have to do any engine work?
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

No, just a good tune-up. I hadn't run in a long time but, that doesn't seem matter to this old iron.

One of these with a 24 stud V-8 flattie would be sooooooo much fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X