New Farm Tractor Project that fell in my lap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Farm Tractor Project that fell in my lap

Cam, next time Dad lets you " cut donuts", where your helmet.

Comment

Man, that video really made me smile...took me back to the day the old man let me drive his pickup for the first time...Dont think you could have wiped that smile off your boys face with a belt sander....good stuff...
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by RACYTRACY
        Cam, next time Dad lets you " cut donuts", where your helmet.
        Aww, come on mom ;). Love your sig pic Tracey.
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
          Man, that video really made me smile...took me back to the day the old man let me drive his pickup for the first time...Dont think you could have wiped that smile off your boys face with a belt sander....good stuff...
          I don't know who was smiling more - me watching it - or Cam doing it..... 8N's rule - !!
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

I just realized what it is about this vid that made me happy...

I grew up on a farm, right across the road from an airport that had a grass runway. WHen I was 10 years old I started mowing it for the guy who owned the place. In trade, he taught me to fly his J3 and J5 Piper cubs. I didn't realize at the time how valuable it was to get my ticket in a real taildragger - something that many pilots only dream about... but, I mowed it from age 10 until age 18 (went away to college) on, you guessed it, a Ford 8N with a 3-point rotary/roller mower. Once a week, like clockwork. I could drive that tractor with a blindfold on.

I solo'd on the day I turned 16, and took my checkride on my 17th birthday. In a cub!

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

You have no idea how much you've made my day!!
              My 8N is currently sitting in the boneyard waiting for some loving. It may have to move up the order. I love the way they sound, I love the way they drive. Our yanmar/John Deere is soul less compared to the 8n.

Now if didn't have to break it in half to figure out why it seized, I'd be on it. It kept breaking the starter off.

Bob

Comment

That was awesome. I especially like the lack of instruction on stopping the tractor. The only important thing was the getting it going.

That rules.

"A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

I must have missed this thread when i was away working.You sure did the restoration smooth and fast with your son ;).Tractors are easy to work on,and this ones are one of the easiest,but it looks like new now.Will be fun to see what tractor gets the job done next time ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X