Clear All

Re: Allman Brothers

Originally posted by White Monster
    Originally posted by Dirt Rod
    ....Dad gave me his collection.
    Ax, that's not a very nice thing to say
    .. making us all feel old
    ;)
    Shoot, you're right. Sorry!! Hey, not my fault they waited so long to have kids!! Dad turns 69 on Friday, and I turn 30 in July......

Parents are very into all kinds of music.....my Dad gave me 70+ vinyls, and he has probably 500 cassette tapes.

He gave me his vinyl collection because I love listening to them, vinyls give a warm sound that CD's don't produce, I love the occasional krackle or pop, let's me know I'm listening to a classic!! I should take pics of the records, that's when music meant something

Ax

Comment

That's where I saw it! I used to work in Macon at the Airport and I used to Drive around all the areas Roads looking at the Old Trucks in the Yards. Thats Really cool to have the Albums ,and see the House years later. Makes you feel like it was just days ago.

Comment

I_LOVE_ the Allman Bros.. One of the best bands EVER!!

Comment

My brother -in-law had a friend that worked at the old Capricorn Studios here in Macon back when the Allman Brothers and other Musicians would come in to record stuff or just have a jam session. He gave my brother-in-law about 25 reel to reel tapes full of songs from the Allman Brothers and several other stars. Some of them were songs that were recorded and released to the public and some were songs that never made it to the public and some are just jam sessions where they are just kicked back having fun. He has one reel that they are jamming on and you hear Greg Allman talking into the microphone to his brother Dwayne. They are screwing around talking about each other during the music.

Moonshine the official Power Tour Drink.

Comment

Cher = Evil Succubus

From the moment Cher appeared,

they were doomed...she brought

badddddddd juju into their lives.

Sonny Bono thought he'd escaped

Cher's curse...just delayed it a while, eh?

Now, if she'd just go seduce Marilyn Manson...

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
              The Fat guy looks like some sort of porch monkey, all he needs is a jug of shine in his hand and he should feel right at home ;D
              Don't forget the banjo, gotta have the banjo. LOL

Nik

Comment

The Allman Brothers'

song "Jessica"

is used in the BBC-TV

series Top Gear.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyShiftman
                  Anybody got the Skynard album, Street Survivors with the fire?
                  Yes I do.

Comment

Re: Cher = Evil Succubus

Originally posted by Two Lane Blacktop
                    From the moment Cher appeared,

they were doomed...she brought

badddddddd juju into their lives.

Sonny Bono thought he'd escaped

Cher's curse...just delayed it a while, eh?

Now, if she'd just go seduce Marilyn Manson...
                    You got that right.

Comment

Originally posted by etbird
                      Originally posted by IndyShiftman
                      Anybody got the Skynard album, Street Survivors with the fire?
                      Yes I do.
                      I hear it's quite a collector item. Don't know what it's worth. I was just curious.

Comment

In the group photo the guy on the left holding the boy is the drummer Butch Trucks. He's holding his son Derick who's now also in the band today. Derick is also the little boy on the cover of the "Brothers and Sisters" album.

G.

Comment

My Dad's got his original copy of Street Survivors framed in his "guitar area" He bought it as soon as it came out.I'm a guitar player too,and I'm a fan of Eddie Van Halen.After readine an article about how VH "caught every guitarists attention" with their debut album,I asked my Dad what he thought of VH's debut."I don't really remember when they came out,I was listening to Skynyrd"
                          As for the Allman Bros,thanks for sharing the "brothers and sisters" and the great "down home" cabin pics.We got the cars,the music,and places like that...this is the greatest country in the world.

Comment

MACON GEORGIA (also the source of 99.99% of all Kitty Litter)

Macon natives have had a great influence upon music of the United States.

The kazoo was invented in the city during the 1840s.

Macon has been the birthplace or hometown to such musicians as

The Allman Brothers Band, Mark Heard, Lucille Hegamin, Lena Horne, Otis Redding,

and Little Richard, as well as more recent names like violinist Robert McDuffie,

rapper Young Jeezy, and country artist Jason Aldean. Rapper Jody Breeze

(1/4 of the hip-hop group Boyz N Da Hood, currently signed to P. Diddy's Bad Boy

Entertainment) was discovered in Macon at a car show.

Capricorn Records, run by Macon native Phil Walden, made the

city a hub for Southern rock music in the late 1960's and 1970's.

Partly as a result of this musical heritage, Macon is also the home of the Georgia Music Hall of Fame. Musicians from around the state are enshrined at the hall for their contributions, and the building features a museum showcasing Georgia's music history.

Comment

Working...
                            X