Magazine Math

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Magazine Math

You know what guys... this thread is GONE....

Bobbie.... Listen up.... QUIT poking TC... I went back to the start of this and he's right... you got nothing but hate for the guy.... DG... you ain't no better.... you should go back to your original post and notice the high quality Editing I've done... ( who's your Daddy??? )

Man.... Stop with the HATE thing... it sucks for all of us who come here to have FUN.... FUN remember why we turn this box on in the first place ladies..... it's about a good time....

So you two or Three... or FOUR (Notasuluga Duster) Play nice.... Or I'll take this sand box away and make you stick your nose in the corner for the better part of say........ 4 minutes.... and I'm NOT kidding this time....

Keith

Comment

The thing about Magazines to me is, its controlled. You wont see many hard, face to face, level things compaired. I for one have great respect for DF on his testing that is done and the reporting of it. Saying one is better than the other out of hand like the TCI comment is just left Field stuff. Why is your better? Have you checked slippage on the two, have you seen which one ET's best. A-1 has at least 12 different ways to make the same 3500 converter. Frankly this is where I have problems with tests too. There is one thing certain in cars, its there is no one answer to get to the same place, what works for you may not work for someone Else's combonation. This is where hard and fast advice from the net or Magazines and Quoting them like the Bible comes in.

Have you ever strolled thru the Top Fuel Pits, no one fuel system is the same , even in Forces Pits. Yet from Week to Week they all run close depending on Tune up used. Its Combinations one thing changes its all off, look at the first or so intake test Dave did on this web site, new things learned from a guy that has Intake Dyno Tested himself to death.

Plus heads are sold off flow numbers, bigger flow does not win races, unless the rest go with it, but it does sell heads.

A bad flowing head may test poor, but has the material in it to change the port completely and be a way better head than the others, so what did the test first have to say bad don't buy it, then reworked its great, but everyone will say "I read in my copy of ____ its junk"

Last don't take questioning your postion on a statement as such a challenge to you , more as learning more about the reasoning to how you got to where you are, and does it stand up to the questions asked , don't just defend it to defend it. Its not or should not be made as personal as the net seems to make it .
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I understand what your getting at Jeff, it's like building two exact same motors and when you dyno them one makes more power than the other. But in either case if one motor made 400hp and the other made 405 hp, it would be safe to say, that motor combination is good for 400hp. It's the same with the two articles, sure the cars are different but they had the same basic mods(3.73 gears, 3800 stall, drag radials, LT headers), which also produced very similar time slips. Basically what these articles tell you, is with these certain set of mods, you should be able to run low to mid 12's with a stock LS1 in a 4th generation Camaro.

Comment

Yep, that's it.

Its the laws of diminishing returns. Its easy to see a 25% increase in power from some work, the next 25% will kill you.

To try to explain if a Magazine says this will pick up 50 HP over the motor they started with, if yours is not the same and has already been modified differently the resulting power may be more or less depending on how what you have done previous.
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
          X