Back in My Day......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Back in My Day......

has SNL contributed anything constructive ........

Comment

Originally posted by yogreasygramma
      Originally posted by Cyclone03
      We didn't have no laaaayyyyytttex condoms...........
      We used to have to kill a lamb,cut it open,take out its guts and tie 'em around our Johnson and we liked it.....
      We Loved It!
      Well, back in my day we didn't even bother taking all those unnecessary steps...we simply used the lamb the way it came...and we could always come back for seconds and thirds. : ;D :D
      LMAO!!!
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I don't go to the movies. I finally broke down and went to the theater. I got robbed at the ticket counter and then I ordered a bucket of popcorn and a large cherry cola. The kid behind the counter said, "That'll be $9.75."

I bowed up. I said, "We used to be able to get into the movie, buy popcorn and drinks and Goobers and Raisnettes for about three bucks!"

The kid said, "Ohhh you're gonna LOVE this old man - now we have SOUND!"
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
          Come on Guys no OLD SNL fans here?
          Sorry, that just ain't funny .....

Back in my (SNL) day, this was funny;

Weekend Update (Chevy Chase & Jane Curtin)
          The Killer Bees (John Belushi, Bill Murray, Garrett Morris & Dan Aykroyd)
          Woman To Woman (Gilda Radner)
          Uncle Roy (Buck Henry)
          The Mr. Bill Show
          The Coneheads (Dan Aykroyd, Jane Curtin & Laraine Newman)
          Nick the Lounge Singer (Bill Murray)
          Mister Robinson's Neighborhood (Eddie Murphy)
          Buckwheat (Eddie Murphy)
          That White Guy (Jim Belushi)
          Ed Grimley (Martin Short)
          :D
          Yeah, "Jane, you ignorant slut." Back then, that was way way BRAVE for TV.

Of all those classic staple routines, my fave was a stand-alone skit. The family was around the breakfast table. To boil it down, one of the kids said, "I don't want to go to school today." The Dad said, "Ya know what, I don't want to go to work today either," so he calls in to his boss. The boss says, "That sounds like a fine idea, we just won't be open for business today."

From there is snowballed, and the huge headline on the next morning's newspaper was, "THE DAY NOTHING HAPPENED."
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
            I
            The kid said, "Ohhh you're gonna LOVE this old man - now we have SOUND!"
            Now that is funney...or sad. Got to give it to the kid though he seemed to be on it that day.

Comment

The story behind this back in my day thread for me is,of course from SNL,but the making up my own comes from many late night(all night) cross country road trips with my good friend Scott. Scott was a racer,I was crew.We would pass these back and forth all night to help the other stay awake. The things you come up with between 2am and 5am are priceless.

The farther out there the better,but even the mundane....back in my day we didn't have no rubber non skid brake pads ,when we slammed on the brakes and our foot slipped off and gashed our legs we liked it!We Loved it!
              And on it went.....Get it?
              This ain't about Saturday night Live it's about staying alive all night!And Laughing!

Comment

UNFROZEN CAVEMAN LAWYER!!!
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Inventors Ball

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                    Come on Guys no OLD SNL fans here?
                    Sorry, that just ain't funny .....

Back in my (SNL) day, this was funny;

Weekend Update (Chevy Chase & Jane Curtin)
                    The Killer Bees (John Belushi, Bill Murray, Garrett Morris & Dan Aykroyd)
                    Woman To Woman (Gilda Radner)
                    Uncle Roy (Buck Henry)
                    The Mr. Bill Show
                    The Coneheads (Dan Aykroyd, Jane Curtin & Laraine Newman)
                    Nick the Lounge Singer (Bill Murray)
                    Mister Robinson's Neighborhood (Eddie Murphy)
                    Buckwheat (Eddie Murphy)
                    That White Guy (Jim Belushi)
                    Ed Grimley (Martin Short)
                    :D

Oh, man! Those were the days.
                    I have to add a couple, though:
                    Theodoric of York, Medieval Barber (Steve Martin)
                    Samurai Delicatessen (John Belushi)

and my all time favorite with Dan Akroyd The Bass-O-Matic!

Ron
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I loved SNL and Second City Television...... John Candy, Joe Flaherty, Martin Short, Dave Thomas to name a few..... It's all good.......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                      1966 Plymouth Fury III
                      2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                      Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                      Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Back in my day sonny me...um.......er..........I a..................Whats today?

Comment

back in my day, funny ment a colored guy with a glass eyeball.
                          and I, mean tttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT TTTTTTTT,

Comment

I'm known to say this whole bit to teens - they never know how to take it.

"Back in my day it was ROUGH! We had to walk 43 miles each way to school. Waist deep in snow in the heat of August. Nothin' to eat but mud (that was after we invented water so we could make mud - at first it was just dirt). The teacher would chip our lessons on a stone tablet and you better get it right. If you made a mistake you had to mine a new tablet and start over - and penmanship counted. It was TOUGH back then - and we liked it!"

I was born in '47, but most kids don't have a sense of history so I generally get away with it (no comments, Celeste !).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                              I'm known to say this whole bit to teens - they never know how to take it.

"Back in my day it was ROUGH! We had to walk 43 miles each way to school. Waist deep in snow in the heat of August. Nothin' to eat but mud (that was after we invented water so we could make mud - at first it was just dirt). The teacher would chip our lessons on a stone tablet and you better get it right. If you made a mistake you had to mine a new tablet and start over - and penmanship counted. It was TOUGH back then - and we liked it!"

I was born in '47, but most kids don't have a sense of history so I generally get away with it (no comments, Celeste !).

Dan
                              what do they teach that one in lama's class..
                              me grandmother,god rest her soul
                              we'd walk 10 miles in the snow uphill barefoot, with all our books,, and they were hard covers...
                              classes where all day.. then we walked home uphill(um,, oh nevermind) in the snow as it was sleating ,got home and had to cook the meal for super, cause mom was out in the field help'n pa all day..
                              and we liked it..
                              you kids got it easy"

Comment

You what to have a teenager look at you like a deer in the headlights. Ask if he's savvy.

Comment

Working...
                                X