British Lorries...........................TRUCKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Lorries...........................TRUCKS

Hundreds of pictures showing trucks of the British Isles.
    I grew up with these vehicles, my father test drove Commer, later Dodge trucks.
    The tractor unit in the pic below sports the motor in my sig.

8)http://ccmv.fotopic.net/ 8)

A PM from Weldangrind prompted me to post this. ;D

Re: British Lorries...........................TRUCKS

NEATO!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I like trucks! ;D

Comment

Did they make a "Goer" for the return trip? (Sorry - I HAD to say it!). I LOVE to see all the makes that we don't get here. Keep 'em coming, Malc.

Dan

Comment

Reminds me of all the Matchbox trucks I have/had as a kid. I hated it that Matchbox never seem to make KW's and Pete's etc, now I look back and think how cool to have all those old british trucks.

I think we need a "Your old HotWheels/Matchbox Toys" thread ;D
          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

I had a few of them as Corgi's as well as Matchbox. Come to think of it I still have them .

Comment

Question, Malc. What is the hat for that Onslow, the bone idle brother-in-law wears on 'Keeping Up Appearances"? I always figured it was the logo for some British tractor or truck company. I'd look up a pic but I'm limping by on this old PC as the MAC is in the shop for more memory.

Dan

Comment

How cool is this thing

Comment

Ant, I'd call them Prime Movers. Sweet link!

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
                    Reminds me of all the Matchbox trucks I have/had as a kid. I hated it that Matchbox never seem to make KW's and Pete's etc, now I look back and think how cool to have all those old british trucks.

I think we need a "Your old HotWheels/Matchbox Toys" thread ;D
                    Jeremy, Matchbox made Peterbilts, 359's as a matter of fact. The scale of the hood/fenders was kinda "off".....Hot Wheels made 359 Pete's and KW cab-overs(they're the only ones I ever knew to make an R-model Mack tractor and a White Road Boss w/sleeper...had all of the above...how's THAT for obscure?)...sadly, you had to buy Yatming to get the cool W900A KW's.

Malc, that old Commer looks neat...diggin' on the old-school tarp job(I've "hung lundry" in my time behind the wheel...flatbedding is the most fun I've had trucking-wise). May have to post up a couple of the old trucks my Dad drove when he first started.

Comment

I remember when I was over there they had these electric milk trucks that would deliver milk eggs orange juice
                      all kinds of stuff and they didnt make any noise to wake you up. They were freakin huge though.

Comment

What, no MAN's, DAFs, Renaults, etc? How about a DeSoto? Or Fargo?

Fargo Hi-Ex series

DeSoto AS950
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

"Question, Malc. What is the hat for that Onslow, the bone idle brother-in-law wears on 'Keeping Up Appearances"?

No idea, I have only seen a couple of episodes on trips back to the U.K.

"What, no MAN's, DAFs, Renaults, etc? How about a DeSoto? Or Fargo?"

They are not British.

After the war the Labour gov. nationalised all the road hauliers mostly family businesses back then
                          dealing in their own areas.
                          My father worked for what became British Road Services before moving to test drive Commer/Dodge.
                          I got to go to great places at a young age, the London docks was the best, back in the fifties it was a
                          dynamic place full of activity, boats from all over the world.
                          Mind you, waiting in line to get loaded or unloaded could kill anyone?s patience.
                          The trucks back then were very uncomfortable, hot and noisy.

Comment

Originally posted by malc
                            The trucks back then were very uncomfortable, hot and noisy.[/color]

The old trucks here in the states were no different ,Malc ;D.

Comment

Thanks for checkin' out Onslow's hat - but we still ahve a mystery!

The old trucks were cool. Is the British Leyland an "Octopus"? That's what I think I see down the center of the grille. I wonder what that was about.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X