Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dumb stunt for today, what was yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dumb stunt for today, what was yours?

My dumb stunt for today, too embarrassed really to say. Headed down the mountain today, to deal with the unfortunate situation of moving my mom into my brothers house due to medical issues, memory ect. So i stop in to the fueling station with my Dodge Diesel truck. Not paying attention to what i was doing, i grabbed the gasoline nozzle and "filled er up". As i hung up the gas nozzle with $90.00 of premium gas, i got this sick feeling. It was not because my head was up my a__ though, it was because i just filled up my dodge diesel with 27 some odd gallons of gas.

I moved the truck off the gas island and called the tow truck. The fuel pump was weak, which i kinda already knew and the dealership was unable to prime the pump, so replacing that, dropping the tank, flushing it out, haz mat expenses to dispose of 35 gallons of gas/diesel and a rental vehicle, my bill came to $1060.00. I get the dumbshit award of the day!

Anybody else having some bad days or month besides me?
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Re: My dumb stunt for today, what was yours?

I would of tried to get that diesel/gas back and dilute it down with some more gas (maybe) and run it in my car.

I went out and got a heavy ass tree on my own. So much potential, and it crossed my mind a few times.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

We used diesel gas mixture in a lawn mower when my dad did that.

Comment

your right, that was pretty stupid. ;D
        however, have comfort that on the stupid-o-meter, i've been there..done something as stupid at least a few times in my life. :-X
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Boy is this thread a timely issue..........

Just got back from Kohl's with the wife
          She had a return so I went to the back of the
          store with her to use the restroom

Go into restroom, not taking note of lack of wall urinals
          Go into stall and a get my drizzling done

Come out go wash my hands.......in walks this elderly woman
          I don't miss a beat....keep washing my hands, ask her how's she doing
          then realize just where f*ck I'm at!

Leave the area.....go tell the wife I'll meet her outside at the car

I'm gonna check the 10 o'clock news tonite.........
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
            Boy is this thread a timely issue..........

Just got back from Kohl's with the wife
            She had a return so I went to the back of the
            store with her to use the restroom

Go into restroom, not taking note of lack of wall urinals
            Go into stall and a get my drizzling done

Come out go wash my hands.......in walks this elderly woman
            I don't miss a beat....keep washing my hands, ask her how's she doing
            then realize just where f*ck I'm at!

Leave the area.....go tell the wife I'll meet her outside at the car

I'm gonna check the 10 o'clock news tonite.........
            Mint ! Thats a really good one Monk,you need your own TV show. ;D

Comment

Ant...they have one already

It's called, "To Catch a Predator"

;D ;D :D :D
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Our new Brigade's Commander and Seargeant Major flew up from Fort Hood today to check out this stand-alone Squadron they agreed to support.

They walked up to the office door, where this supposed hot-shit Sergeant was running two mailrooms by himself, didn't need no help, yadda, yadda, yadda...

I was snoring like a f-ing chainsaw. ;D Happy Friday!
                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

A couple years back I witnessed just the opposite while gassing up the work car at a 76. I saw this yuppie putz yapping on his phone while filling the tank on his Porsche. I notice the nozzle he's using his car is the green one, for diesel. I ask if he's using the right pump. He stops yapping and realizes this mistake. After several color metaphors of the four letter variety; he hangs up the phone and the nozzle.

"Is this bad?" He asks. I say yes, but it will be worse if you start the car. I suggest he call a tow truck and have his tank cleaned out or replaced. Don't start the car. Leave it be. Mr Brilliance doesn't take the advice and moves his car away from the pumps. In the 90 seconds it was running; the exhaust starting spewing milky white smoke.

"Is this bad?" he asks again. I say it is now. I'm betting he had to be sedated after getting that estimate from the Porsche dealer.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I didnt have one today, :-\ well, unless I find
                    out tomorrow. I got a 400 chevy today LOOKs
                    like a good .030 bore and .010 /010 crank. I
                    REALLY hope that wasnt a dumb stunt ???
                    it had two broken ring lands, and a flat cam lobe
                    but I knew about the pistons, and didnt expect
                    a good cam ;)
                    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                      Ant...they have one already

It's called, "To Catch a Predator"

;D ;D :D :D
                      Hey.........I was like bear
                      I had my nozzle in the wrong place

;D

Damn Kohls.........mens restroom doors are always supposed
                      to be on the left

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Got one better. Rented a 28 foot U-haul to move a pool. Fuelled up on the way home and bitched the whole way about how crappy it ran. As I way about to leave to return the truck I noticed it was gas not diesel. Siphoned out the side saddle tank as best I could, diluted it with more fuel and brought it back. Ran much better after that. I'm sure they went to an all gas fleet because too many dumb asses were putting regular in diesels. You know what they say about idiot proof. That day I was the better idiot.

Comment

Did the gas fuel up on my working diesel Vw van some years ago.It ran just fine..i had just filled some gallons of gas,when i noticed the blame.So i filled the rest with diesel,and it still runs...but not on the same tank with diesel ;).A freind with a Dodge Truck,did the same.It cost him his fuel pump.Dont know why.

Comment

as for the porsche.. I was under the impression that diesel nozzles were bigger than gas for that very reason...

as for Bear... if I was little richer I'd send you a Christmas gift early... around here it's called a siphon hose.. couple taht with five 5 gallon jugs and it's sill a lot cheaper than a $1000 bill.. ;D

Comment

If i would have been closer to home i'd have done that but i was 50 miles away and had one of the dogs with me. So, it was a very stupid dumb ass move, but i can guarantee it wont happen again, at least until i get full on alzheimers. he he. I also could not remember (damn, i do have alzheimers) which is going to float to the top, the gas or the diesel? I assume (?) its the diesel due to the oil in the fuel.
                              Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Working...
                              X