Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the money shot of the Disco Nova??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the money shot of the Disco Nova??

Found a cherry original 77 Nova as a possible project for my son. I want to show him some ideas for the car and am looking for the finished pics of the Disco Nova as it appeared in Car Craft. All I can find are build pics.

Anybody got em? Been searching for a half hour! :P

Re: Where is the money shot of the Disco Nova??

Keith posted some up in the spring when he went to the track. There is another series with the manlyest shifter pedestal in the world. I will look when I have time later on today if some one doesn't beat me to it.

Take a look at Silver Buick's build some really great ideas. Just ignore all the millage stuff people get weird ideas when they live 200 miles from anything. ;D

Steve
    Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Found it!

Enjoy
      Steve
      Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

tell him andthing that fits a 75-81 f body fits the nova..
        that includes all the ws6 parts
        just not body parts

Comment

I think this is the only one I've got.

Comment

Originally posted by urwurznitmahre
            just not body parts
            Rear axle are 67-69 Fbody dimension i think.8,5 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
              just not body parts
              The rear subframe assembly is a first gen F-body's the front subframe assembly is the second gen F-body's. Makes for an interesting mix :P Or my personal favorite has just become the late 70's Seville, uses the same subframes assembly as the X-body's but comes with larger front brakes guarenteed 8.5" rear axle and rear disc brakes.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

And 5 inch boltcircle ;).Shouldn matter,if you start a project and get the seville parts rhight on.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                  just not body parts
                  The rear subframe assembly is a first gen F-body's the front subframe assembly is the second gen F-body's. Makes for an interesting mix :P Or my personal favorite has just become the late 70's Seville, uses the same subframes assembly as the X-body's but comes with larger front brakes guarenteed 8.5" rear axle and rear disc brakes.
                  Hmmmm....guess I know what to look for to upgrade the brakes on my camaro then...
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

They are easy to find. Just look for all the magical Lincoln Versailles and turn left. The sea of Sevilles will be waiting to be pulled apart.

They are fast becoming junkyard unicorns.

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Yea and save the oil pan if it's a 425 they are worth some $$.

Steve

Comment

And 5 inch boltcircle ;).Shouldn matter,if you start a project and get the seville parts rhight on.
                        There are off the shelf rotors avaible for the front end to give you the 4.75" pattern, and any 8.5" second gen axle will slide into the rear for the 4.75" pattern out back, as well as the Firebird WS6 rear rotors. Bolt on mod's, you can also of course resort to drilling

Comment

There are off the shelf rotors avaible for the front end to give you the 4.75" pattern, and any 8.5" second gen axle will slide into the rear for the 4.75" pattern out back, as well as the Firebird WS6 rear rotors. Bolt on mod's, you can also of course resort to drilling
                          Yeah..Camaro 1LE rotors should fit in front.You doesnt need Seville parts at all then.Caprice 78 and up B-Body stationwagon spindles,and Camaro 1Le rotors go hand in hand.

Comment

Yeah..Camaro 1LE rotors should fit in front.You doesnt need Seville parts at all then.Caprice 78 and up B-Body stationwagon spindles,and Camaro 1Le rotors go hand in hand.
                            I "heard" that the B-body stuff gives funny steering/suspension geometries.

Comment

I "heard" that the B-body stuff gives funny steering/suspension geometries.
                              On a old Chevelle from the 64-72 era it will.And on the 78-87 G body,and the 67-69 F body..But not on the sec gen F-body subframe.I havent tried it myself...yet,but as i have learned..70-81 F body-75-79 Nova skylark apollo ventura-73-77 a body-77-96 B body shares the same front suspension.Correct me if im wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X