Winter arrives at my household.....in a major way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Winter arrives at my household.....in a major way

I don't know...here in Omaha the city doesn't plow the bulk of the streets worth anything here.
    Between clearing my driveway, and the immediate street on the corner that my house sits, I sort of...LOL...blocked off the entry to a city park. Didn't see until Thursday I um...sort of made a 12 foot drift... ;D...
    After wading my way through doing 6-7 houses Wednesday, I called it a day. Didn't do it to make real money, more like helping a few people we know, family, made $150, nothing really worth the time, but I am not in it to make money.
    Something about posting on facebook "Look, I'll plow your driveway, not your wife..." helps bring in some business... ;D ;)

I just stick the old '79 F150 into 4 low, and let the plow do it's thing without trying to abuse the truck. With the western plow on this truck {older thank I am}, a fresh set of hoses and fittings, newer pump, she works.
    Needless to say I forgot why blasting through snow drifts is a bad thing...can't see a damn thing...makes it a bit exciting...man, parked car seems coming up pretty fast! :o

We managed to get give or take around 12" for about 3 days worth of snow.

Bummer on the trans...but stupid question, do you run battery isolators so the pump runs it's own battery?

A few years back for fun I was pricing a 3/4 ton F250 4x4 with the plow package, I saw a dual alternator setup from the factory...but I guess I like having the old beast around. It starts, drives, and pushes snow without the $40k truck payment plan...but I really dig your ride man.

Safe plowing.

Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Killer truck!! And I haven't seen snow like that since the winter of 79 in Washington, DC. We actually made tunnels under the snow for fun.
      President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

NITMARE, I noticed the ten lug wheels. If you don't mind, what did you pay for the adapters and wheels? And where from?

Comment

I guess they have never heard of articulating hedge trimmers in Cambridge, New Zealand !!!
          ;D

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar

Comment

$2,200 is definitely a smokin deal in my opinion as well. I actually had to ask him how he can do for just over a $1000 less then the next closest competitor's prices and he explained it like this. And I am paraphrasing here....

We all use the same suppliers for the upgraded parts. The more well known guys have decided to market their trannies to the guys with deep pockets that are building their trucks for huge HP and little "real work". They throw some paint on the housings and send you a couple decals and you feel good about dropping 4k on a name brand product...I market my stuff towards the guys that needs their trucks to pay the bills...and there are a lot more of them out there. So I can still do good business based on the larger customer base I have while doing the work for less then the big guys AND turn out just as good of a product.
            All I know is the guy has a good reputation. He stands behind his work for 3 years. And he has some really fast turn around time. I'm not going to try and convince him to charge more!

Eliteman76 - I run the plow pump straight to the battery that gets fed by the alternator. My rig only runs a single alternator with dual batteries but seems to handle the load alright. The plow package is a nice upgrade and I may actually look into retrofitting a dual alternator setup on mine. I was able to buy my truck for the right price about 3 years ago and have just a year left to pay it off. When that day comes I will celebrate. I have owned 7 trucks in the past 10 years and NEVER paid one off. I am keeping this thing for good I think. This past summer I did both front bearing hub assembly's, lock outs, ball joints, steering box (the 22.5's really beat things up), and serviced the front and rear ends completely. After the trans is in it will be a really solid rig. The motor is running stock injectors still but Banks wheels in the turbo and a Banks intercooler and 4" exhaust. A custom 5 way flip chip handles the tune.

67prostreet - I bought my wheels and adapters for 2k with shitty tires all the way around. By the time I replaced all the rubber with good tires I was about $3,700 into it and that's not including the 4" lift to clear everything. You can do it a little cheaper though if you go with steelies on the inside duals. For some reason the guy I bought my setup from was running all 6 aluminum Alcoa's.
            www.Nightmare-Motorsports.com

Comment

Working...
            X