Road rage at the racetrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Road rage at the racetrack

I sling around a lot of old jokes here. Can't take credit for them. But I actually did that in the restaurant in Missouri.

And another time - I was at the airport in Thunder Bay, Ontario. At the rental car counter, I flashed my business card and asked the attendant, "Are you familiar with this company?" She said, "Yes."

I asked, "We have a mill around here somewhere....do you know where it is?" She solemnly said, "Yes."

I asked, "Are you familiar enough with it to give me directions to it?" She said, "Yes."

She waved with her hand, come this way. She was behind the counter, I was in front of the counter. She walked me about 8 feet yonder way to where we both had a view out of a big picture window. She pointed out the window and said slowly, "It's right THERE."

There it was, across the street from the airport. As big as half of Kansas. She said, "When you leave our parking lot, go STRAIGHT."

She even said "Straight" real slow. Ohhhhhh. Okay. Thank you M'am.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

lol PW

we were on vacation and in a restaurant in the midwest. We had a great meal, and my mom was inquiring about the toppings for pies. She asked the waitress "is the whip cream fresh"; the waitress said "yes". My mom asked, "how fresh" the waitress said "well, it comes right out of the can and onto your pie."

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

:D "HOW fresh" is definitely a Momism. I can sure see and hear a lot of Moms asking that. Classic question, and a classic bad response to that.

Traveling around you get all kind of stuff and situations. I wish I could remember them all, the good ones at least. For the longest time before I started getting handed airplane tickets, I had seen more of America on my bicycle than I had by any other means. In a completely "other" life over 20 yers ago, I rode a touring bicycle about 30,000 miles. Mostly in giant circles around the southeast, but the longest straight-line trip was from SC to UT. I planned all of that one looking at road maps.

Sometimes a spot on the map was just a stop sign. That's awful on a bicycle. This is not a town with a motel. I'm about worn out for the day and they're telling me at the gas station that the motel is 30 more miles away. I got in a lot of long days that way in the midwest, well....in the southeast, too. And then, when I did get to town the real fun started asking for directions. Remember, I'm on a bicycle. I'm burning energy every minute to move forward, so a 10 mile mistake is huge.

So many times, I'd ask where the motel is and I would get a question back. "Do you know where Doug's garage is?" No, I don't - I'm 700 miles from home. "Well then, do you know where that big red barn used to be out there where Farm Branch Road and Peach Thistle Way meet up?"

I'd say, "Yeah, I got it - thanks!" and ride another hundred yards and ask comebody else. Somehow I made it and never had to sleep on the ground, except for when I slept on the ground on purpose. That's a whole nuther story.

Comment

Just remembered a story from my only trip to France.

We had been there a few days and I happened to see a sign for Euro-Disney. My wife and I (then my girlfriend) wanted to have a day away from the crowd we were with, so we said WTF, and went to Euro-Disney. I'll unashamedly admit to having a great time....mostly because you can buy beer there.

Anyway, I'm waiting for my wife to come out of the bathroom and I see a father and son yammering back and forth at each other in French. Dad brings out his finger and points it at the kid's face. We're talking about a 13-14 year old. The kid makes the fatal mistake of slapping his dad's finger out of his face. I thought to myself that it was an agressive move for a Frenchman.

About .2 second after that thought crossed my mind, the French dad decided to end the encounter by reeling back and landing a perfect right cross to the kid's jaw. This wasn't a light punch, he really throttled the kid.

Down goes the teenager, right there in public, Mickey and everything! Next thing you know, someone who may have been the guy's wife walks up and open hands him right across his face. I look over and the kid is still seeing stars, dad is holding his face and mom is yelling French at about 3200mph.

My wife walks out of the bathroom and says, "What the Hell is happening over there?!"

I said, "I wish I knew!"

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

We are not offtopic here.Now we are back in France ;D

Comment

Apparently the kid-punching dad didn't work at the French White Flag Factory, and therefore didn't understand the overall rules of engagement.

Comment

Working...
              X