Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Dragstrip for sale (north of the border)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Dragstrip for sale (north of the border)

Own your own Dragstrip in southern Ontario, Canada - another sign of the times?

I have been going to this track for over 40 years, and now it may become a trailer park.........?

Re: Another Dragstrip for sale (north of the border)

I have heard of this track but have never been to it.

Looks like a nice little facility!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

no top fuel or lead fuel up there..
      heard it's killing racers..
      to change over set up's in this economy..
      and it's show'n in the tracks

Comment

Ummmm there's no ban on nitromethane in Canada.

The leaded deal has been exempted up until now and may be again. No one has had to change anything at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Ummmm there's no ban on nitromethane in Canada.

The leaded deal has been exempted up until now and may be again. No one has had to change anything at this point.
          i DON'T KNOW..
          IT LITT UP A THREAD OVER ON TEAM CHEVELLE..
          don't know it it was pending bill or what...
          racers up there where not happy

Comment

Since the mid-1990s there have been factions of the government of Canada trying to get leaded fuels totally banned. To this point the two exemptions have been aviation fuel and racing fuel. Government studies in Canada back when they first wrote the exemption in showed that the country would short themselves nearly half a billion dollars by blocking racing fuels as it would drive events out of the country and back to the US. That figure came from the spending that non-local visitors do when attending races (not just US residents but anyone who traveled to a race).

The IHRA still runs their races in Canada (which include Top Fuel and will include Injected Nitro diggers and Nitro nostalgia funnies next season) and they are on the docket for 2010.

Canadian guys, what are you hearing about the latest on the exemption?

Brian

Comment

**update**

Unless the source I just talked to was wrong, the Canadian government has adopted the policy that they will act in accordance with that the US government does. So for now, there is no impending ban on leaded fuel nor will there be until the US changes its rules or the Canadian government changes their stance on what direction to take.

FYI.

Brian

Comment

The way I remember it when the Canucks changed the law, the NHRA took the Sanair races to Heartland Park Topeka for a few years (and haven't been back).
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

St. Thomas Dragway, I ran at a NHRA Division 3 points meet there, seems like only yesterday, oh wait a minute, that was 41 years ago! I had a Hell of a time at Customs coming back into Michigan at the Windsor crossing, they wanted to charge me Duties/Taxes on the two pairs of Slicks that I had taken into Canada 2 days before.

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix
                    St. Thomas Dragway, I ran at a NHRA Division 3 points meet there, seems like only yesterday, oh wait a minute, that was 41 years ago! I had a Hell of a time at Customs coming back into Michigan at the Windsor crossing, they wanted to charge me Duties/Taxes on the two pairs of Slicks that I had taken into Canada 2 days before.
                    This is the real reason NHRA pulled the race from Sanair. Everyone hated the border BS.

Brian

Comment

This is the real reason NHRA pulled the race from Sanair. Everyone hated the border BS.

Brian
                      That must have been a nightmare....Think how bad it would be if they were still going there with the amount of rigs each team is running.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREBALLMONZA

Brian
                        Heck, us Canadians often have a hell of a time getting into the 'states just to buy stuff...
                        That must have been a nightmare....Think how bad it would be if they were still going there with the amount of rigs each team is running.

Comment

Another attempt at promoting motorsports in the great white north eh-
                          somebodies got big ideas - I wish them all the best -

Comment

Hopefully St. Thomas can be purchased and continue to operate. The track itself isn't that great, but it was nice to go there with a group of friends, park under some trees for shade, and make a bunch of passes. Used to go there at least once a year with the Super Coupe Club guys, it is roughly a 1-3/4 hr. drive from Toronto.

cheers
                            Ed N.
                            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

St Thomas Dragway has been a great spot for me since 1975. I hope it will continue on, but since Grand Bend Motorplex re-opened several years ago there just hasn't been enough people to support 2 local tracks. That sucks for me as St. Thomas is only 20 minutes away. GBMP is over an hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X