Who talks tractor here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who talks tractor here?

Found this on local Craigs List.........

So tell me.......can someone explain the sentence:
    THE ONLY REASON IT IS FOR SALE IS I WOULD LIKE TO GET A WIDE FRONT END TRACTOR WITH BUCKET FOR WIFE

Does he have a large wife so hence he needs a bucket?
    Does his wife want a wide front end tractor with a bucket?
    Does the wife come with the tractor?

I've got to be missing something here.......Brian?

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Re: Who talks tractor here?

Wide front so it will not tip as easy , wide front so it steers better ..

Bucket on loader to move snow maybe ?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad
      Wide front so it will not tip as easy , wide front so it steers better ..

Bucket on loader to move snow maybe ?
      Oh.....ok
      Thought he was needin a bigger bucket
      so his wife could fit in it
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Possible, think he just wants her to work ..sounds like :D
        sigpic

Comment

wide front tractors have no advantage over a narrow front on hills because they're on a pivoting solid axle which doesn't keep them from tipping. (a little tip from a former farm kid) the big advantage is for working in row crop fields, or on trailer ramps...

As for the craigslist article and the guy's wife... no clue!
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
            wide front tractors have no advantage over a narrow front on hills because they're on a pivoting solid axle which doesn't keep them from tipping. (a little tip from a former farm kid) the big advantage is for working in row crop fields, or on trailer ramps...

I have to disagree with you, watch the 1466 in this video, the front axle can only pivot so far.

A IH 1466 pulling in the 16,000lb class at the Gibson County, IN farmers tractor pull

Comment

i completely disagree, and im a current farm boy with both styles of tractors from narrow/wide, 2ws and 4wd. when the front axle is completely pivoted the wider axle is still further out taking more force to tip. im also a boy whose stretched the wide fronts to there limits without rolling. im not good with words but just stare at it and you'll get it.
              Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by kyhunter89

i completely disagree, and im a current farm boy with both styles of tractors from narrow/wide, 2ws and 4wd. when the front axle is completely pivoted the wider axle is still further out taking more force to tip. im also a boy whose stretched the wide fronts to there limits without rolling. im not good with words but just stare at it and you'll get it.
                I've owned/driven many of both types - we're going to have to agree to disagree. I mowed miles of ditches growing up, and a wide front with 30 degrees of pivot won't stop a tractor from going over, not even close, if it's already on an angle. A wide rear or a set of duals, as in the video, is going to keep one from going over - but not a wide front with a pivot axle. Carry on
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
                  Found this on local Craigs List.........

So tell me.......can someone explain the sentence:
                  THE ONLY REASON IT IS FOR SALE IS I WOULD LIKE TO GET A WIDE FRONT END TRACTOR WITH BUCKET FOR WIFE
                  This isn't a sale-he's trying to trade his wife for another tractor. Knowing some people's wives, I can't blame him. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by kyhunter89

I've owned/driven many of both types - we're going to have to agree to disagree. I mowed miles of ditches growing up, and a wide front with 30 degrees of pivot won't stop a tractor from going over, not even close, if it's already on an angle. A wide rear or a set of duals, as in the video, is going to keep one from going over - but not a wide front with a pivot axle. Carry on

I am a former farm kid as well, you drop the narrow front in a hole and you will indeed roll it over

Seen many tipped over tractors in my day , four landing points is safer than three
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad

I am a former farm kid as well, you drop the narrow front in a hole and you will indeed roll it over

Seen many tipped over tractors in my day , four landing points is safer than three
                      Same principle for trikes and 4 wheeled ATVs. Could be why you don't see any Big Red Hondas being built anymore.

Comment

Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I only know a little bit about tractors but I DO know English fairly well. It's clear that he wants to trade his wife for the new tractor. This may or may not be a good deal - depends on the tractor you have to trade. I have no tractor and ME WILL NOT understand.

Dan

Comment

Dan, I don't care what tractor you have, its a bad trade.

To quiet the tractor I just turn a key
                            It'll work in the rain, snow or 104 degree heat.
                            All I have to do to make it happy is change its oil, filters and lube its pivot points
                            If I take care of it, it'll service me for years and years and years.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                            X