• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Gene!!!

Before

During

After

That my friends is 16 foot of R13 new door goodness!!! I am so psyched no more wind whipping thought the garage. Gene is the man!

Steve
    Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Re: Thanks Gene!!!

Sweet....Good stuff Gene.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Send Gene over here. The concrete going into the garage is crowned. The garage door sits down on the middle part and there's a 1-inch gap on both corners. Leaves blow around in the garage. Possums and skunks wander in and make themselves at home.

Great job! Wish we had one that nice.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Gene really is (over used) Da MAN when it comes to these doors - and a nice guy as well. Hoping he and Amy will come visit us in Wilmington in the Spring.

Dan

Comment

You're welcome, and thanks for giving me the work! Really helps my go-fast fund. And thanks for lunch. Amy really appreciated the way you talked to her with respect, she finds herself getting ignored a lot by my car-buddies. We had a great afternoon, BTW. Went to the Baltimore Aquarium and took in the dolphin show and looked at Corvette fish (sharks).

Dan-- me too.

Peewee-- best way to fix it is to grind down the concrete. Everything else is a bandaid.

Gene
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

That's pretty cool,Gene(and Steve...) 8). ~J/W.

Comment

go get em young fellar

Comment

Gene rocks garage doors!

I finally ripped out the old weatherstrip on the bottom of ours today and bandaided it the best I could with a home depot universal weatherstrip, fender washers, and self tapping screws - it's surely time for a new door - but it will have to do for this winter at least.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Gene:

Do you want to see Tennessee? Come FIX, no, REPLACE our garage door. Room and board provided. Sue Unit wants a new garage door. We need one.

Let me know [email protected]
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Good stuff Gene!

I'm going to post photos of the garage door at one of our facilites for you to make fun of. Wrong door for the application and there have been numerous band-aids applied (braces and junk). It'll be the garage door guy violation game.
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

how do those doors hold up..
                      my neib has a new door and the b/ball had put multi dents in it..
                      is that one metal skin or plastic

i have a 2" thick wood door. thats heavy as h.....l
                      but don't want a dent prone new one

Comment

Tell the kids "Stay the hell away from my new door." If that doesn't work turn the hose on them. That is very effective for the winter months. You are on your own once summer hits. ;D

They are not dent/kid/flying socket proof. But they seal so much better than the wood version and did I mention R13 insulating Ooooooooo. I think you are SOL on a dent proof door at a reasonable cost. If sky is the limit as far as price goes ..... well you know.

My $.02 Gene knows a lot more than I do about the whole subject.

Steve

Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

If you were closer to Denver I'd have at least three lined up for you......
                          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

The house I just moved into has a insulated garage. With it being below freezing and sometimes below zero, i have brought my dogs in there with a small heater. Got home yesterday and it was 80F degrees in the garage and 20F degrees outside.

Comment

Originally posted by urwurznitmahre
                              how do those doors hold up..
                              my neib has a new door and the b/ball had put multi dents in it..
                              is that one metal skin or plastic

i have a 2" thick wood door. thats heavy as h.....l
                              but don't want a dent prone new one
                              Each dent should equal an ass beating.

You can get vinyl doors that are dent resistant, but they cost a bunch more and have about 2/3 the lifespan. Think $2-3k for a 16x7 depending on what options you get. There are cheaper fiberglass doors, but you don't want those. They have no insulation value whatsoever, and a dude can be inside your garage with one swift kick. There's also high-end steel carriage doors with fiberglass and/or urethan overlays that would be dent resistant; expect to shell out more like $6k. Or I can get a custom clear cedar door made for you-- how does $10k sound?

The door that rightpedal bought is the best door for the money. Buy one like that, and keep the kid's basketballs away from it, or learn to deal with the dents.

Hey Brian, can't wait to see the pix of the atrocity at your place. 8)

Gene
                              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                              X