Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A real CarJunkie Museum, German-style (lots of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A real CarJunkie Museum, German-style (lots of pics)

Thanks for the pictures!

FYI, cafe racers are from the '70s, sort of started in a similar way to choppers in the US but went in a very different direction. "Rockers" modified the bikes of the day for races that often went from one coffee shop to another, and they'd typically shave off a lot of weight, then modify the handlebars and pegs to make the riding position like a modern sportbike.

Comment

Thanks!!! That was totally awesome!!

Ax

Comment

Very nice pics. Hope to see it myself someday soon. Thanks.
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Thanks for the fantastic posts. That place is way cool. I bet if a person had time they could spend a week in there!

Comment

Very Cool Pictures!!

RickSSR 8)

Comment

Thanks for the pics. I really enjoyed looking at them
              Tom

Comment

Nice pics!

Comment

Thanks for all the thanks. I just looked through the post again and there were a few I forgot to put in:

This thing was a Monster Garage meets rat rod. It started life as a posh Maybach but was converted to a rolling band saw car after the war and stayed in service milling trees for decades after. The owner donated it to the museum on the grounds that it was not to be altered from its current state.

And this was a prime example of some of the cheesy english signs they had for some of the American cars:

It gives you the idea that every car in Alaska is a Monster Truck.
                  1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

That's true, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300

And this was a prime example of some of the cheesy english signs they had for some of the American cars:

It gives you the idea that every car in Alaska is a Monster Truck.
                      I seem to remember that farmers where sticking big tractor tires on their pickups in order for them get around in the muddy fields with their tractors. This was in the early 70's. The original Big Foot was built in 76 as a more show version of farmers had been doing for a while.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The Wall of Death Indian is way cool. The motorcycle with the tracks is pretty neat too.

Looks like an awesome place. How long were there?
                        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by std
                          The Wall of Death Indian is way cool. The motorcycle with the tracks is pretty neat too.

Looks like an awesome place. How long were there?
                          I was at the museum for about 5.5 hours. Could have spent longer, but had to get back on the road. There is another sister museum about 50 km up the road (in the town of Speyer), with more cars and stuff and a Boeing 747. Haven't been there yet.
                          1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Working...
                          X