Last minute Christmas Party?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last minute Christmas Party?

No one thought there would be one this year, with this place running on a skeleton crew. But the Mine Manager just called and said there will be a company get together tonight at the Whiskey Creek Saloon @ 6:30. "We will have the whole place to ourselves" he says. Looks like I'm drinking tonight. Talk about last minute.

Re: Last minute Christmas Party?

Apparently the BangShift company jet is already booked by Chad, looking for a Christmas present for Daphne,
    so I will not be able to make it, sorry ...
    ;D

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
    The BS.com private jet:

Comment

Re: Last minute Christmas Part?

Mine was last night, but it was planned. I was going to say something about it being sacrilegious drinking on a Sunday, but the place is called Whiskey Creek Saloon :P
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Monster that is unacceptable! I expect all of you to be there :D
        And SilverBuick, as far as the drinking goes, I only drink on day's ending with Y. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 67prostreet
          ... as far as the drinking goes, I only drink on day's ending with Y.
          Well, that kind of limits you to 7 days a week then, doesn't it !!!
          :P

Comment

Oh I'll be there, but you likely won't see me because I'm showing up at 2pm, and will probably be passed out in a corner behind a potted plant by 6pm.

Comment

If Orville hadn't over revved the motor we'd all be there, but that sonofabitch never listens.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

last year , the old dealer had a 100 dollar a head party at a restaurant ...passed

Comment

As a government employee, there were no funds allocated for a "Holiday" Party. Couldn't be Christmas, of course. We had an employees organization and they would give us a couple of hours for a long pot-luch lunch. At first it was kinda cool with a talent show and so on but it got pretty lame toward the time I retired. No clue what they're doing now.

Dan

Comment

Ours is this coming Friday. HR. At the fanciest restaurant around. I told one lady, "I'll need to buy clothes to go to that." Interesting enough when the company is in bankruptcy protection.

So by the rules we'll play a round of Dirty Christmas. Everybody brings a $20 gift.

I'm gonna take a boat paddle. That's about $20. That's what I'm gonna take.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

my day job has theirs last thurs.
                      my full time job neve has one..

Comment

The party was just as I thought it would be. Boring. Had about 4-5 beers and went home.

Comment

Apparently, we have money taken off our paycheques through the year to pay for our Christmas party, so if you haven't worked a full year you have to cough up the $180 for a ticket. I think my "Christmas Party" will be at the bar down the street, drinking by myself and handing out free copies of "Class of 2009."

Comment

Originally posted by 67prostreet
                            The party was just as I thought it would be. Boring. Had about 4-5 beers and went home.

Come on, you can lie to us. Tell us how great it was. ;D

Comment

We had the boys day of shopping that me and all my buds do every year. Way back when, we actually used to shop. For about the last 10 years we skip the shopping and just start at the bar. We got there at noon Saturday and the DD dropped me off at 4am Sunday morning. :o Needless to say, I did a real good job of holding down the couch yesterday. ;D
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                              X