Willie Nelson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willie Nelson

The Star Wars concert thread got me thinkin' I should post this. My Sweetie bought us Willie Nelson tickets for January 28th. (my 63rd. birthday) in Kenansville, NC. Should be fun. I'm not a huge country fan but Willie is - well - WILLIE. ME has allergies to smoke so she'll be taking a carbon filter mask that she wears when the neighbors are burning leaves. It's a fair bet that our "neighbors" at the concert may be burning "leaves". At least, I'm guessin'.

Anything else we need to know to attend a Willie concert? Never had the chance before.

Dan

Re: Willie Nelson

Hell, Willie himself may be burning a few leaves.

Comment

If your hearing is somewhat sensitive to "LOUD" sounds, you may want to take some of those little foam earplugs with you.

They seem to attenuate enough decibels to allow the music to be enjoyed, without hurting and the "ringing" after the show that is associated with concerts.

Enjoy the show and your birthday Dan !!

;)

Comment

We share a birthday. Hmmn.

Comment

Relax and enjoy the sounds, sights and "smells" of the concert.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Happy Birthday Dan !

Enjoy the show !!

Comment

Could be a real relaxing expirience. ;D

Comment

I've considered offering to Bondo up the hole in his guitar but I have a feeling he likes it that way. I think this will be fun - I haven't been to a concert in WAY too long. I think Bob Seger may have been the last and that was some time ago.

Good thought on the ear plugs. My hearing is pretty well shot but ME is pretty sensitive to loud noise having not burned he ears out in concert halls in the 60's.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                  Good thought on the ear plugs. My hearing is pretty well shot but ME is pretty sensitive to loud noise having not
                  Get her to pop a set in her purse right now while you are thinking of it, and they will be there when she needs them.
                  ;)

Comment

That avatar Pumpkin had reminds me of Willie Nelson.

Well that and George Carlin.

Comment

Still remember my mother talking about her and my father going with another couple down to Nashville to visit the Grand Ole Opry in 1966 or thereabouts, one of the performers was Willie Nelson (my dad was the "Herb Tarlek" at the only country music station in the Toronto area during the 60s and 70s). At that point Willie still had short hair and performed dressed nicely in suit & tie. My mother hasn't liked him since he went all hippie. :D

cheers
                      Ed N.
                      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Dan, I saw an advertisement for that concert on TV just the other day. I was surprised that such a big name was going to be in a small town like Kenansville. I bet you will really enjoy that concert. Oh, and don't fix Willie's old guitar its part of his persona.

Comment

Dan, Willie's concerts are pretty chilled out - you should not need earplugs (Willie's into fidelity and usually travels with REAL good audio guys - he doesn't sing loud).

Willie used to be a neighbor of my family, in Branson, MO for a year while they were performing there. A nice group of guys, but someone got busted at their house for... "burning leaves" and the townsfolk all but ran them out! it was pretty funny. This was back in the mid '90s. Willie beat the hell out of the Lennon Sisters when it came to "cool neighbors" IMO.
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

On the Road Again is good mantra song for me when working and roadtripping.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Here's a good one -
                              Whiskey River take my mind, don't let her memory talk to me.
                              Whiskey River don't run dry, you're all I got take care o me.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                              X