No announcement yet.

Chrysler Won't Repay $3.7B TARP Loan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrysler Won't Repay $3.7B TARP Loan...

Is anyone surprised by this news?...

Nitrous, baby!!...

Re: Chrysler Won't Repay $3.7B TARP Loan...

Well as a taxpayer, I believe I have the right to say: "Well, that just sucks, doesn't it" ?
    :P

Comment

Where have you gone Lee Iacocca?
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Maybe DC can make them give all of us taxpayers a new chrysler.....oh nevermind....
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
          Maybe DC can make them give all of us taxpayers a new chrysler.....oh nevermind....

I own a late model Chrysler....we should send them to China, it would set them back 50 years.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

used to almost respect benz , but after the DCX debacle and the shameless looting of chrysler , having a few nightmare benz used cars in the shop
            daimler clunks are also rans
            the cerebus buyout ......seemed like a vehicle to get government fundage under the previous administration
            farewell mopar

Comment

The joys of being a tax payer !!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                Originally posted by Bamfster

I own a late model Chrysler....we should send them to China, it would set them back 50 years.
                I'd still take one! Remember Brian, NEVER EVER turn down a free car....wink wink

Comment

F THE CAR..
                  i'LL TAKE A FREE 526 HEMI CRATE .

Comment

I hate to admit it, buy mom's 03 Neon has been a good little car.

My dislike of the Dodge brand is mostly because of the way the local dealership has treated my mom. With this new "news", I would buy a new Mopar product as an absolute last resort. I even like the looks of the Challenger over the new Camaro... but I'd have to win it or some other way get it "free" if I were to ever own one.

Not sure what's worse; the companies who got bailed out giving huge bonuses, buying new jets, throwing huge parties, etc before they pay back the govt, or this flat refusal to pay it back.

I'm no economist, but I went with these bail-outs on the fear and trust that it was the right thing to do for the "big picture"... now I'm not so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu
                      I hate to admit it, buy mom's 03 Neon has been a good little car.

My dislike of the Dodge brand is mostly because of the way the local dealership has treated my mom. With this new "news", I would buy a new Mopar product as an absolute last resort. I even like the looks of the Challenger over the new Camaro... but I'd have to win it or some other way get it "free" if I were to ever own one.

Not sure what's worse; the companies who got bailed out giving huge bonuses, buying new jets, throwing huge parties, etc before they pay back the govt, or this flat refusal to pay it back.

I'm no economist, but I went with these bail-outs on the fear and trust that it was the right thing to do for the "big picture"... now I'm not so sure.
                      OH AND YOU THINK GOLDMAN SACHS IS PAYING THEIR "LOAN" BACK
                      HAHAHAHAHA..
                      HALF THE FED RES. IS OLD GOLDMAN SACH EMPLOYEE'S
                      IT'LL BE PAYED BACK ON PAPER ONLY..
                      THE GOVERN. WILL NEVER EVER SEE THE WALLSTREET MONEY AGAIN.. :o

Comment

And that my friends, is why gov't bailouts should never happen.....

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu

It may have been the right thing to do (debatable) but that doesn't mean they did it right.

Comment

I don't agree with the bailouts either but what the car manufacturers got is just a drop in the bucket compared to what the banksters got to keep their "too big to fail" zombie banks alive this past year. Then they passed out record bonuses in the billions!!! Our money. And that doesn't even touch what the revolving door between the Treasury Dept. and Federal Reserve have bilked the nation out of, with no signs of stopping. Don't even get me started about how the Fed has devalued our currency by 98% since its unconstitutional inception nearly 100 years ago. Why we allow such blatant theft is beyond me.

edit: I now see yourworstnightmare has already touched on the subject. Kudos to you, sir, for bringing it up!
                            President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                              Where have you gone Lee Iacocca?

Brian I said the exact same thing,he must be screaming and cursing right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X