Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...I have this well equipped metal fab shop , what should I make ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...I have this well equipped metal fab shop , what should I make ?

Long story short ..

I have access to a very well equipped metal fab shop

Cnc Lathe..Haas

Cnc vertical Mill..Haas

Cnc 10 foot plasma table

huge automatic band saw

power coat booth/ oven 14 feet long

media blast booth 10 foot long with fresh air supply

paint booth 15 feet long

List goes on and on .. I'd like to find something that someone needs 100 or more of something made

I've cranked out some exhaust flanges, few suspension parts and other items

But, does anyone know of anything ..There is two CNC mills and most often one is not running :-\

Ideas ?

Keep in mind, making just one or two of something really isn't the goal .. 100 to 1000 pieces would be !!

sigpic

Re: So...I have this well equipped metal fab shop , what should I make ?

alum. hood pin washers(the part that screws to hood to save the paint)
    with logo's
    some with mopar some with chevy /ford/bangshift
    or the carjunkie tv show name
    bang/suck/blow/etc

Comment

Universal Billet "BangShift" logo plates that could rivet or bolt to ANY valve cover

Comment

Something to make putting an Gen III/IV GM V8 in a classic chassis. That and "beginner" sets of flanges and valley pans for making your own intake or headers.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

exhaust flanges are not too hard to make, I use gaskets or somethime I can find blueprints online .

Problem is, it takes 3 times as long to put all the measurements in the computer than it does to cut them
          So, my price for the 1st several sets is most often high due to time involved

If someone wanted to order 50 sets, well then ..

Made 2 sets of Poly 318's and 5 sets of B1's for guys

I'd like to find a quantity order of something ..
          sigpic

Comment

bangshift logo gear shift knobs....
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Who was it that cut out the BangShift logo out of a piece of aluminum ?
              Can't find the pic, but it was very cool.
              Maybe you could duplicate that and put up for sale in the Swap Meet board ...
              ;)

Comment

How about bangshift keychains. Use the BS logo, if it gets small enough, like maybe 2" square? Even if only 1 in 4 bangshifters want one you're looking at 1k pieces.
                sigpic

Comment

BS logo licence plate frames. I'd buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by joebogey
                    How about bangshift keychains.
                    Originally posted by Weldangrind
                    BS logo licence plate frames.
                    Either one or both, I'm in !!
                    Get Chad & Brian to add 'em to the BUY STUFF store !!
                    ;D

Comment

I'll give yah and example ..

I make t-shirts for another website and stickers , and really we are not talking about a real expensive piece here

Shirts are like 20 bucks with shipping and stickers are 5 bucks, one would think that "most" everyone would slide me 5 bucks for a sticker to promote the site etc.

Never fails, you have green, they want blue, you have blue they want white ..etc,etc.

IF I was to stock every option, I'd have 2 semi trucks full (or more)

Guess what I'm saying, yep ..be glad to make key chains, lics plate frames, you name it

But, I can't make one or two .. If someone wanted to order 50 I'll give a great price and they can sell them if they want

I need to buy material in bulk to get a deal, set the machine up and let it run so it offsets the cost .

One'sy / two'sy doesn't work ..

Now, I can make almost anything but, I can't engineer it ..you have blue print, want a bunch , yep I'll make them

sigpic

Comment

i want the number of the chick washing that car.... up ;D
                        "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Originally posted by nosnerd
                          i want the number of the chick washing that car.... up ;D
                          She is now, 69 years old ..

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Putting'em on here boss

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X