Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Garage pix

Heres mine and it needs cleaning. :

Moonshine the official Power Tour Drink.

Comment

Few of us (me included) have mastered the concept of the "shelf". I have a few, but when I finally get the loft up I'll fill it with them and stuff all my stuff up there (is that why they call it "stuff"?). Then I can fill the lower level with more crap - maybe even NEW crap.

Dan

Comment

Here's the only pix I have of the inside of mine, it's a 24 X 40. Been taking more pix of the green SC/360 Hornet that I am in the process of restoring. Now I am going to have to go out and take some real pix of the shop.

Comment

Currently, the '60 Chrysler fin-car is on the carlift and the '62 Chrysler wagon is in front of it.
          This is from some time back...

'64 Chrysler NewYorker, shot from above somewhere early last year...

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

PRO65 wins, My favorite and maybe the sickest garage to the power of 4 on the forum.

Comment

Yeah it took me awhile.

I have some junk and need a place to put it.

Comment

Just try to get anything done in here...I dare you

Comment

shelf:any car that sits for more than a week with out being worked on(becomes just storage place ie shelf

Comment

hiway....who you trying to kid??? Thats the set for Horsepower TV....aint it??? :o

Comment

ETBIRD -
                      Nice start. Same problem I have - you need one of those professional organizers like you see on TV to come in and sort it all out. Of course, you'll never be able to find anything, but it'll look good. Except yours is bigger than mine, there's a lot of similarities - wood shop area, stuff hiding on not enough shelves, etc.

Later
                      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by ImpalaKonrad
                        PRO65 wins, My favorite and maybe the sickest garage to the power of 4 on the forum.
                        What did I win? I hope its money because I am going to add an 2 more bays after PT 08. One for sanding and body work and the other will be a paint booth. I figure in the long run its cheaper than doing yard work. ;D
                        Moonshine the official Power Tour Drink.

Comment

Pro65 and etbird, how do you like those sheetmetal rollup doors?
                          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I have similar ones on my shop. They work great, but I don't think the installers got the tension right - they close way too easily. I'll fiddle with that some day. Mine came with a layer of insulation built in, and it seems to help. It's just kind of glued on as far as I can tell.

Dan

Originally posted by dagenesta
                            Pro65 and etbird, how do you like those sheetmetal rollup doors?

Comment

Dan, if its the type that has a pair of cast iron saddles clamping the center tube in place (making the tube stationary), all you need is a couple of pipe wrenches and two box wrenches. Be careful, those springs will get away from you quick. If its the kind that the tube turns in either bearings or a wear surface, its a little more difficult. Ya gotta take to stops off (the things at the top of the guide that stop the door at the open position), tie a rope around the roll to keep it from unraveling, and let the door roll around until there isn't any tension on. The spring is bolted fast to the bearing plate on the end, you might have to move that bolt a hole or two. Don't take that bolt out unless you are certain the tension is off completely, it will take your fingers along. Once that spring is bolted fast, we usually give them the door about two turns before untying the rope and letting the door down into the guides.

Up here in PA (where we are supposedly getting 6" of snow and ice today) those doors wouldn't cut it. I think I'll move south where its warm.

How long ago were your doors put in? The installation company should be willing to come back for free and adjust the tension if it was recently. We do free adjustments for the first year.

Talk to Keith, he told me he rigged up an electric operater for his rollups using a motor head from Sears.
                              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Come on down to Wilmington for a break. I'll put you up (if you're a non-smoker) and buy you a burger at the best joint in town.

I cheated on the door installation. The doors came in the shop kit, and, to my surprise, the guys who installed the siding took on the job of putting the doors up. I had to go someplace (probably another damn doctor's appointment) and when I came back, there they were. I guess they included the installation in the estimate, because they didn't ask for any more money. So these doors have never been seen by a real installer.

I'll go out and take a look at what type of spring is involved. Sounds like a good way to beat yourself to death!

Thanks for the input
                                Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X