Garage pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Garage pix

I've got 9' ceilings in my garage with a 4 post hoist in it. I park a Trans Am on top backed in so when I open the garage door it comes up over the hood but does not hit the windshield. On the bottom is another Trans Am and parked beside it is a vette. Its cramped and i have to move alot of junk and cars to work on a car on the hoist. The biggest problem is I cant raise the cars up the full 6 feet. So I move around on a creeper chair. Better than on my back! This spring will be the big 45x50 metal garage. Just have to find a way to heat it as it gets cold at 7000 feet!
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Well here's my work in process. The shell went up in December and I'm still working on getting the inside complete. The door in the back is so I can drive through the garage into my backyard.

I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Nice bunch of garages.
        When the time comes to sell this house and buy the next one, my main requirement will be a bigger garage. The one I have now is a narrow single car.
        It's tough to store spare parts AND a car in this garage...but I make do.
        The plastic shelves are a recent attempt to organize, but it's still cluttered.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
          Well here's my work in process. The shell went up in December and I'm still working on getting the inside complete. The door in the back is so I can drive through the garage into my backyard.

Very nice...what size is that?
          Don
          "Big cars need lovin too"

Comment

here's mine this is pretty clean in this pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Impalarod
              Originally posted by BluLightning

Very nice...what size is that?
              Thanks. It's 30x30 with 10 foot walls. The front doors are 8 feet high and the back door is only 7 feet. I tried to go bigger but the city wouldn't let me. >
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Please tell us more about the booth. I'm considering turning one of my bays into a booth something like yours, and I'd like to know more about filters, exhaust fans, etc. You have a REALLY sweet set-up. While I whine that I'd like more this-n-that, I realize I'm really lucky to have a nice shop (30x40, 12' at the eves). If I ever get Photobucket to stop fighting with me, I'll post pics.

Dan

It's a hellofa mess right now, but this is what you asked for. Camaro project in 1000 pieces. The smaller room (16x30) is my paint room and a koozie for my Impala. The larger room is where things get scattered. Normally don't cram 2 cars and all my junk in 1 side but I was in the process of watching paint dry.
                Not a bad place to work..Central air and heat as well a cable TV.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                  If I ever get Photobucket to stop fighting with me, I'll post pics.
                  Dan, when you post the link to Photobucket, try not copying the whole link (under properties) Only highlight from the beginning and stop right after ".jpg" (or whatever format yours are in)

Drove me nuts but finally found that this worked for me.
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I'll snap some new ones tonight. These are old but now the garage is way moer cluttered lol. MY dad picked up a 91 Allante and we had to make room so some things got shifted around. However after tonight there will be one less car since someone is coming to pick up my 74 when i get off work

Comment

I'd almost feel bad for you if it weren't for the mid-year hiding out in the back!

Nice garage! What kind of flooring is that? VCT?
                      Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Its linoelum. The garage is a shed from the Amish that they brought in sections and put together

Here are the pics from today. The guy will be here for the 74 in about an hour hope everything goes ok!!!

and yep here's the 66 going to focus on her this summer

and the Buford

kwiklift in the back corner

Comment

Well, I don't have a recent shot as my car is at a buddy's body shop.
                          But here is a shot from after I got the front clip back on the Torino last spring:

My dad's garage:

Last rental house I was in before buying my first place:

Not the best shots, but the shop where my car is sitting:

{I forget what the size is, but if it had a shower and couch, I could damn well live there.}
                          Andrew
                          1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                          2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by bdbowti

kwiklift in the back corner

Hey, I just noticed, never seen that setup before, does that thing lift up on one end with an air powered hydraulic unit, or?
                            I could use something like that!

Very cool, BTW, on the sectional garage. I want to add a 16x33 on my place, and surprise the city is saying nope.
                            Andrew
                            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

You use a regular floor jack underneath that black bar to lift the back end. Then whne it is up in the air there are legs that swing down to secure it. Also has cross braces that connect the two ramps that you can put a bottle jack and jackstands to lift the car off so you can get the wheels off. Has worked out awesome since i hate getting underneath a car with just jackstands

Comment

Not a great picture, and not very clean right now, but it's what I got.

1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Working...
                                X