• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Garage pix

A little unknown place called,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,EBay lol

Living the dream!

Comment

Thanks for your perspective bigbuds - $145 a month is not bad at all for that kind of space - I recently got a quote for $120 a month just for a single car storage space at one of those rental places :o.

At this point with rent from the tenants in the house, mortgage property taxes, etc, my shop costs me about $400 or so per month.
      Hard to figure it exactly as the mortgage interest is a tax write off.

I do make a little here and there buying and selling vehicles and parts - but not enough to make up for $400 a month.

I've thought about sharing the shop with a friend to help make the bills - your story makes it seem like a less scary proposition - but my shop is a whole lot smaller than that big place.

That's a cool deal you have there!
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Well, this garage belongs to a friend of mine. He loans it to us for car shoots.
        The car is right there, but there is a girl in the way. ;)

Comment

girls like that are never in the way.

Comment

Wow, I feel like Fred Sanford after seeing some of those...

3 CRF230Fs (one is my sisterinlaw's), 2 VWs, and Hawk in a cramped cave. (and a 351W that wants to be a 408 8))
            Since we moved in last April I've had two weeks where I could put my car in there. First it was flagstone in the way, then disorganized junk, then clean!, now more junk...

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300
              Not a great picture, and not very clean right now, but it's what I got.

Pete,
              Do yourself a favor and have someone (or yourself) reweld the upper bracket onto the beam of your engine-hoist, so it's centered below the upright-support of the ironstrip on top, instead of sitting to the left a little in your pic.
              The horizontal beam will buckle right where the bracket sits the way it is positioned now. It will most likely happen way before the hoist's maximum load is reached.

This is a fairly common production-flaw and topics can be found on the net concerning this issue.
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

This afternoon:

Comment

:o Where is the drooling face option?
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Holy Crap!!! :o :o

Not a Duster wins the most organized garage award. If my wife saw these pics she would kick my ass. Kudos on keeping it ridiculously clean. I now have hope that my 2 car garage is big enough.

Very Cool.
                    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

xcelent!!!!
                      Living the dream!

Comment

Very nice- and yes - it's a Demon!

My question is - how many days did he spend cleaning up before he took those pics!!!

;D
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351

My question is - how many days did he spend cleaning up before he took those pics!!!

;D
                          Nope...I keep it like that. ;D

I often work 70-80 hour work weeks, so when I do get some time in the shop, I don't want it to be spent cleaning stuff up or looking for misplaced tools/supplies - I want to be playing with my toys. I've found that it takes much less effort and time to keep it organised than it does to constantly shuffle stuff around looking for room to work.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Not A Duster

;D
                            Nope...I keep it like that. ;D

I often work 70-80 hour work weeks, so when I do get some time in the shop, I don't want it to be spent cleaning stuff up or looking for misplaced tools/supplies - I want to be playing with my toys. I've found that it takes much less effort and time to keep it organised than it does to constantly shuffle stuff around looking for room to work.

Thanks
                            it doesn't matter how many times I tell myself that I end up with 40 lbs of tools in a roll around chair. :D

I need more pegboard.

Comment

I do that now. It only takes one idiot or asshole to ruin everything. We have two of them. I am getting my own place since I am spending as much time cleaning up other peoples messes, replacing my stolen stuff, or fixing broken shop stuff, as I get to actually work on my car.

So, I would not do it.

bigbuds - how's that rental shop sharing scenario working out?

I have a 30x50 with a lift, 2stage compressor, sandblaster, welder, press, etc, but still always need more tools or know how to do this job or that.

I've had a few different friends approach me about "renting" space or time in the shop to do this or that, but I was always worried something bad might happen.... however, I'm the one paying for all the tools, property taxes and insurance, and making some clams here and there to let someone else use the space is an attractive option.

If you don't mind me asking - how much is it to rent the place and how do you guys work out the money end of things?

Comment

Originally posted by Tortoise
                                Wow, I feel like Fred Sanford after seeing some of those...

3 CRF230Fs (one is my sisterinlaw's), 2 VWs, and Hawk in a cramped cave. (and a 351W that wants to be a 408 8))
                                Since we moved in last April I've had two weeks where I could put my car in there. First it was flagstone in the way, then disorganized junk, then clean!, now more junk...
                                I don't normally do this but you seem like a nice fellow. If you need the room, you can park the NT at my house. ;D
                                Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Working...
                                X