Helicopter and rocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopter and rocks.

It got the job done.A big part of this countrys roads,are threatened by big rocks that you never know will come trumbeling down the sides of the mountains.Helicopters have now been taken in use to move that rocks controlled away.

Check out this vid.Great filmed..

Re: Helicopter and rocks.

Cool vid.

Comment

that is nucking futs
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

cool, but was hoping for an Apache and explosives ;)
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
          cool, but was hoping for an Apache and explosives ;)
          Like this?
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWEm5xaL42I A classic...

Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Who was the father of the Scandinavian auto industry?

Henry Fjord, of course!

(Sorry - the devil made me do it).

Cool vid. I hope Keith chimes in here. I'm guessing the force on the chopper when the ball hits the rocks has to be terrifying. But maybe not. What do I know? I've never been in one of the things.

Dan

Comment

Helicopters and Rocks.... hmmm what do I know...

Lets just think for a minute... it's a pendulum hanging from a spinning mass and we're smart enough to add a second pendulum to the bottom of it and .... oh by the way... lets add some mass to it's ass.... Ahhh okay boys and girls... think hard.... does this even sound like a "good" idea???

Now that we've sorted that out.... one more thing to think about.... if the engine poop's the bed.... and you need to do one of them Autorotation thingy's.... hmmm how fast, can you remember you have that Gay ass Disco ball strapped to your gonads??? I'd guess fairly fast as the Helicopter rocketed for the Ground... Remember these things have the glide ratio of say..... a simonized Brick.... this would remove any semblance of Wax from that Senario.... hmmm

As a pilot I've only seen one implement strapped to the bottom of a helicopter that was less fun.... and it was a 50' long stick with fire at the other end of it suspended by an additional 50' of rope.... they used it to light the underbrush on fire in pine forests.... Remember that engine pooping scenario we went through above??? My buddy was driving this POS set up when the Engine decided to toss a leg out of bed.... Keep in mind the forest below him was currently ablaze from his recent antic's and he had the opportunity to prove that rapidly decending objects are not fond of Poles being poked into thier belly or the Fuel drum that was strapped into his back seat.... Hmmmm He did live to talk about it.... 20% burns and a broken foot were a wickedly cheap date....

Hmmm

K

Comment

another of my favorite story's was a scout pilot... ( little bird ) who decided he wanted to play with the big boys and be a Bomber ..... So he sets himself up with a coke bottle crate of hand grenades placed in mason jars with the pins removed... the jar holds the spoon to the grenade .... until it hits the ground and the jar shatters and the grenade goes off....

Pretty good so far eh???? Well.... things in helicopters like to be tied down.... don't ya know.... and when one receives fire from the ground and you hear the tinkle of broken glass... you can well imagine the Fear that runs through one's heart and maybe even his pea sized brain.... another of the worlds lucky souls... he lived to tell about how he landed the helicopter without one skid and got to explain "How" he shot himself down... ( or maybe he lied and said it was in the heat of battle... end the story as you wish... I've heard it a couple of times so I'm fairly sure it's a true war story )

Keith

Comment

I take it your not a bid fan of helicopters, or at least being in one?

Comment

Nahhhh I'm actaully fairly well qualified in them.... 5000hrs and a Senior instructor pilot in the Ah64 Apache

Got a degree in this junk too... but frankly... I make rocks today...

K

Comment

How the hell do you make a rock? And I'm in the mining business.

Comment

LOL !!
                          Artificially manufactured "stone" from concrete or such material, for asthetics and decorative construction (wall facia, fence walls, etc.).
                          :D

Comment

OK, that's not fair. You caught me off gard. :D

Comment

see now that's just fun stuff'es

Comment

Working...
                              X