Helicopter and rocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Helicopter and rocks.

Thanks, Arild! I"m glad you like them. I was a novice photographer then, but it is fascinating to look back at them. You do get a sense of how high up we were and how narrow the road was. Plus, the scenery was breath-taking. I can't believe it's been well over 20 years. I was just a young pup back then! LOL :D
    President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by yogreasygramma
      Thanks, Arild! I"m glad you like them. I was a novice photographer then, but it is fascinating to look back at them. You do get a sense of how high up we were and how narrow the road was. Plus, the scenery was breath-taking. I can't believe it's been well over 20 years. I was just a young pup back then! LOL :D
      As i have seen Italy before on pics and films..this is at its best ;).When seeing these roads,you understand why they like small cars there..btw..when italians come up here on vacation,they drive like they have stolen their Alfas and Fiats.No mercy.. ;).And they show you their finger if you pass them with an old american car ;D ;D..

Comment

Arlid - they are letting you know their IQ. I'm sure they know how to drive your roads much better than you do!

I did that Amalfi Coast road in a tour bus in 1985 - my oldest daughter's HS graduation trip w/me and my Mom (her Grandma, of course). It was ever so slightly white knuckle inducing. Our driver was AMAZING. He put that thing is spaces it COULD NOT fit in! At one point outside of Rome he went thru a stone arch into an estate for dinner and there literally wasn't 3" on either side. He did it twice (to and from dinner) and not a scratch on the bus. Good to see the pics - brings back memories.

Dan

Comment

Dan, I'm glad to share memories with you. Now I'm curious as to why your daughter would have been graduating in Italy - was it from a DoDDS school, and if so, where? Which would lead to the next question, were you not also part of the DoD and why would you have been traveling there if not stationed there? I was in college at the time at the University of Maryland's (now defunct) Munich Campus - party school extraordinaire!

Comment

Nope - she graduated from Terry Parker High (why do I remember THAT - otherwise useful brain cells wasted) in Jacksonville, Florida. Mom took her to Italy (Christi's choice) for her senior trip and I tagged along. A "senior trip" is kind of a tradition here in the US but it's usually sponsored by the school and goes someplace like New York City or Washington, DC or some such. So Christi took a pass on the school trip and we waited until July to take the trip to Italy as prices were lower and school was finished.

Dan

Comment

Duh, I thought you went there for her graduation, not a graduation trip. I need to brush up on my English... : ;D :D

Such a beautiful country; she made a fantastic choice. Awesome scenery, delicious food and friendly people. And a cool driving environment, if you like chaos. ;)

Comment

You English is AMAZING! No need to apologize on that score. Arild does pretty well, too. Notice I don't try to communicate in any language outside of American - not to be confused with English. But I DO speak conversational Canadian (not quite American, not quite English).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                  You English is AMAZING!
                  LOL, LMAO & ROTF !!!
                  :D

Comment

Steve, my English is just fine. My TYPING sucks!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                      Originally posted by DanStokes
                      You English is AMAZING!
                      LOL, LMAO & ROTF !!!
                      :D
                      I try... ;) ;D ;)

Comment