No announcement yet.

BMW finally blew, fix it with ? or ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BMW finally blew, fix it with ? or ??

I didn't vote. No "Or other option" choice.

Dan

Comment

I doubt if a 2JZ would fit, but if there's enough room for it I would consider an Atlas too.

Comment

He's starting with the small BMW I6 so I'd think that a 2JZ wouldn't be too bad. Yes they did make a 99 V12 but they are all TBW so if you're not setup for that it might be funky. Honestly I vote for another but bigger BMW I6, going to be the least work and this is the kidmobile. Get it back into service maybe with a bit more ompf and fix the Riv!.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

BMW sixes are laid over (slant 6) to get hood lower. They're practically giving away Supercharged 3800's and Northstars and I would think there would be plenty of room for either of them. But then a V8 out of a 540 would be a bolt in swap with all stock parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed
            BMW sixes are laid over (slant 6) to get hood lower. They're practically giving away Supercharged 3800's and Northstars and I would think there would be plenty of room for either of them. But then a V8 out of a 540 would be a bolt in swap with all stock parts.
            put in a carbed dodge /6. that would get some weird looks :D

Comment

That would rule. When someone pointed out that it was a Chrysler I6, you'd need to act all pissed off about it...

"What?!"
              "Those bastards at the dealer told me it was a factory replacement engine!" :D
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

you could always put a nissan RB motor in it too ;)

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, looks like I'm going to push it into the boneyard and get one of the SVOs running. I've got so many spare parts for those cars that it won't cost much to get one up and running. Goal will be to have it running and street legal by Jan. 4th. I'll probably spend more time hasseling with the DMV than putting an engine and tranny together and stuffing it in.

Comment

wow, I just dont see junking a 99 bmw. ???
                    Charles

Comment

I'm not junking it, just gonna set it aside until time and money lets me put it back together the way I want to.

Comment

Working...
                      X