Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bob's Big Boy 12/18/09

Originally posted by Blazerteam
    10 years from now,and you will drive around in one of those Challengers,Groucho ;)
    If they're built anything like the originals, they'll be falling apart in 10 years ;D
    STUGOTS

Comment

;D ;D..probably,and one of the reasons thay fall apart..are the weight :D

Comment

Scott: great reporting, thanks for that. Although it's not exactly my cup of tea I think Johnny Hunkins has displayed a lot of courage and imagination with the PHR Laguna project, it may be many things and I understand a lot of folks don't like, but it isn't cookie cutter.

As for the fotos, I find it amazing that such shots are achievable with a phone camera. Certainly lots of great looking machines...its cured my early winter blahhs.

Except this.

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
        Someone brought this flamed out one. Didn't much info on it except the owner is a member of SoCal Challengers Club.
        Yakkkk. I can't be convinced otherwise, those flames are a crime against good taste.
        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Thanks for props on the pics, but I had to jiggy with each one to get them as good as they are.

Yes, the LaValle flame job needs to die an ugly death.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

[quote=Rebeldryver ]
            Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
            Nice pics Scott - especially for us snow bunnies who have our cars in hibernation.
            Scott says it hasn't been above freezing there in a couple weeks. That sucks big time. I remember those sub zero wind chills. Good days not to go outside. It's the only weather there that I don't miss.
            [/quote
            We're supposed to get freezing rain and who knows how much snow in the next 3 or 4 days..... I hate the freezing rain (black ice) more than anything........

Can you imagine how many thousands of dollars that flame job must have cost ? more than my whole POS cost I'm sure.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thanks for props on the pics, but I had to jiggy with each one to get them as good as they are.

I think Lavalle is better at the "real fire" than depicted in the Challeger pic. But, it's a fad that's more than run it's course. The Challenger looks terrible. Except for, from around the door handle back, they don't even look like flames. Just a hodge podge of colors
              STUGOTS

Comment

I'd actually like to see that Challenger on "real fire".

Fa-fa-fa-FUGLY
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven
                  Scott: great reporting, thanks for that. Although it's not exactly my cup of tea I think Johnny Hunkins has displayed a lot of courage and imagination with the PHR Laguna project, it may be many things and I understand a lot of folks don't like, but it isn't cookie cutter.

As for the fotos, I find it amazing that such shots are achievable with a phone camera. Certainly lots of great looking machines...its cured my early winter blahhs.

Except this.

Someone brought this flamed out one. Didn't much info on it except the owner is a member of SoCal Challengers Club.
                  Yakkkk. I can't be convinced otherwise, those flames are a crime against good taste.
                  I wonder if the owner was even happy after seeing it for the 1st time?
                  STUGOTS

Comment

I'm sure he was pumped. Probably showed up in designer sneakers and t-shirt to pick it up.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I really like the yellow Comet... Sharp... A minor point, but one that always bugs me, the 641/2 Mustang has 66 hubcaps on it. Thats easily fixable.. Cool cruise night, I haven't been there in a while. I should swing by there some Friday soon.....

Comment

Originally posted by groucho

I think Lavalle is better at the "real fire" than depicted in the Challeger pic. But, it's a fad that's more than run it's course. The Challenger looks terrible. Except for, from around the door handle back, they don't even look like flames. Just a hodge podge of colors
                        The flames with the thick pin stripes should not be on the same car. Just makes it worse and gives the impression that the owner can't make up his mind for a direction.

Originally posted by mrocketscience
                        I really like the yellow Comet... Sharp... A minor point, but one that always bugs me, the 641/2 Mustang has 66 hubcaps on it. Thats easily fixable.. Cool cruise night, I haven't been there in a while. I should swing by there some Friday soon.....
                        In all honesty, I can't remember what the 64 hubcaps look like. Original hubcaps rarely survive the life of the car. I had the original center caps and trim rings on my Caprice until someone jacked all the caps and one of the rings.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

You can see the different style hubcaps here:

Comment

Originally posted by groucho
                            Originally posted by mlcraven

Except this.

I wonder if the owner was even happy after seeing it for the 1st time?
                            Looks like they got the color of the pinstripes from my beater 92. ;D

I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                            X