Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do redline tires complete the restored/musclecar look ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do redline tires complete the restored/musclecar look ?

or do you prefer blackwalls ?

white letter tires ?

or ...?

what's your .02 ??

Re: do redline tires complete the restored/musclecar look ?

Lots more sizes available in redlines these days, eh?

Don't forget bluelines & goldlines! ---

Comment

It depends on the car, redlines look great on mid-size like Fairlanes, Chevelles, GTO's, GTX's etc. through
      67. Smaller pony type cars look cool with small block style white letter tires and full size look cool with
      blackwalls also the big cars gotta have a rake to pull it off!

Just my .02 pennies!

Comment

Raised white letters have always been my favorite. I like blackwalls, but it depends on the tire size and type of wheel. Redlines and the other "Re-pop's" look good as long as they're not too skinny.

I'm surprised none of the reproduction tire companies
        have done these yet, I loved Torque Twisters!

Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Redlines are perferable on Hot Wheels!

Comment

I only like redlines on the right car.They quit using them about 68-69 yes? I hate the Coker ads that show a Mopar Rallye with a redline on it.It looks so wrong it's crazy.Vintage style tires make a huge difference though.Bias tires just have that big "hockey puck" look to them.It looks like you're trying harder than retro LOOK radials do.My 'Cuda had Firestone Super Sports on the back of it when I bought it.Of course I burned them off.I took 2 rolls of film the day after I bought it,and of course I immediately lost them.Which reminds me...This week is my 13 year anniversary! Be sure to check out that thread!

Comment

I do like the redline look, but I also agree it has to be the right car. I had redline firestone super sports on my 69 vette with rallys. It sure looked good, but it handled like a parade float. That thing wandered all over the road, I damn near died on several occasions. I yanked them off and put on torque thrusts w/ BFG radial T/As much more fun and safer to drive. So I guess IMO if you are going to drive the car much go w/ a radial, on a show car that doesn't see much action go w/ a bias-ply. I am truly amazed that those guys racing in the F.A.S.T. class run as hard as they do w/ a bias-ply. So, thats at least .03 cents worth.

Comment

I like them on anything from the sixties. There was a Road Runner or GTX at the Mopar Nats '07 that had redline MT Drag Radials done by diamondback. They looked cool with a period correct sidewall with a modern up to date tread.

Comment

Redlines! That's what I picked anway. I prefer Diamondback over Coker. They can put a redline (or blue line, or gold line) or whitewall on anything. They totally smooth the whitewall so there are no letters from the new tire manufacturers. I know of a guy who had Diamondback make him some redline MT Drag Radials for his 9 Chevelle COPO clone (with wide steelies and dog dishes--very cool).

1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

I am kinda partial to the RWL Good Year Polyglas tires...

Comment

I'm thinking about putting a set of 18" redlines on my Cougar ... opinions?

cheers
                      Ed N.
                      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

I don't like it as much with oversized wheels. Definitely with ralleye wheels everytime.
                        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Hey, 67pete300 that car is super cool! I have always been a big fan of post cars, especially when they some not so common color. Very nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1966-100 cdan
                            Hey, 67pete300 that car is super cool! I have always been a big fan of post cars, especially when they some not so common color. Very nice!!!
                            Thanks, it's pretty much totally original and unrestored. Except for the wider steel wheels and redline radials.
                            1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Here's a picture of my Redlines, I probably wouldn't have went with the chrome Rallye wheels if I had it to do over again. What color should the Rallye wheels be on this car? Silver paint or I'm thinking maybe even red, you're somewhat limited when the car is red, it's now a 302 4 speed car so not officially a muscle car but it's a lot of fun anyway! http://www.philcooper.com/gallery/Little-Red-Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X