Happy Anniversary - To Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happy Anniversary - To Me!

Glad to have all of you here, met most of you, talked to others. Smoking,,,,,,,,,thats next on my list. :o
    Living the dream!

Comment

Congrats Dan, and I hope for many more anniversaries to come.

Comment

Dan

Happy LIVING anniversary - I knew you'd had some health problems - but I didn't know you'd been that close to not coming back.

Thanks for sharing your story with us - and for your ever optimistic attitude - it IS contagious, and I appreciate it.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Health problems happen to every body. You dont even think about it until it happens to you.God bless every body that has had major health problems and is still with us.One thing it does is make you enjoy life and the people around you.So learn to take care of your body because you only have one and live life to enjoy.

Comment

Good for you and Reni! I want you guys along for a long time, too. I have a brother who smokes and he keeps talking about his "right" to smoke. Yes, he has the right - but I know his "right" is going to shorten his life and make some portion of it pretty unpleasant. Wish I could feed him some of whatever you guys took to see the light.

Thanks to all for the good wishes - and congrats to Scott and Bamfster for their new lives, too.

Dan

Originally posted by BluLightning
            Happy Anniversary to all you guys! Come to think of it, Reni and I have an anniversary coming up pretty quick. In another week or so, it will be 3 years since we quit smoking. Hopefully that will help avoid problems down the road.

Comment

Great to hear and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                Good for you and Reni! I want you guys along for a long time, too. I have a brother who smokes and he keeps talking about his "right" to smoke. Yes, he has the right - but I know his "right" is going to shorten his life and make some portion of it pretty unpleasant. Wish I could feed him some of whatever you guys took to see the light.

Thanks to all for the good wishes - and congrats to Scott and Bamfster for their new lives, too.

Dan

Happy Anniversary to all you guys! Come to think of it, Reni and I have an anniversary coming up pretty quick. In another week or so, it will be 3 years since we quit smoking. Hopefully that will help avoid problems down the road.
                My Dad and Uncle always talked about the right to smoke. My Uncle wouldn't come to visit us in Cali because restaurants infringed on his right. He's dead at 62 from lung cancer. My Dad quit 11 years before he died. It was still a contributing factor. His heart had weakened he couldn't survive complications from surgery. Also dead at 62.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes

Dan

Thanks Dan, tell your brother to get pneumonia and that might get him going. That's what made us quit.
                  Oh and you have to keep up your end of the bargain too, keep up on your stuff so we can keep getting together to tell lies and play with our cars. ;)
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I am glad sickness as intense as some of these posts prevail.

I am a "walking dead man" as well.
                    there was even suicidal thoughts not for giving up, the pain would not give up....4 years. The bizarre finale was 17 teeth all in a year, a memory coming back..and realized something even shrunk one leg shorter than the other. Imagine no known prognosis/diagnosis excpet neurological life and death unknown...
                    (I am in maine, where a person could walk out of a hospital with an A+ and drop dead..true story- more than once a true story here.)
                    I have had chest pain for 12 years, starte din the late 90s, while I still had a metal plate.I know what 40 brings in a person life....not far off.... I am not uptight. I looked at it once already....
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I was NOT lying. Unless my lips were moving..... Hope we can hang out often and for a long time.

Dan

Thanks Dan, tell your brother to get pneumonia and that might get him going. That's what made us quit.
                      Oh and you have to keep up your end of the bargain too, keep up on your stuff so we can keep getting together to tell lies and play with our cars. ;)
                      [/quote]

Comment

Now that is a great thing to celibrate. Life! Very few people celibrate life...

Comment

Mr. Stokes....as John said, happy LIVING anniversary(belated on my part, but still)!

One of my goals for the coming year is to shake your hand and have a healthy conversation about this affliction we all seem to have here(heh).

Scott.......I've known a few people in your situation. I don't evny that position one bit, and the ability to carry on through that kind of searing pain.......true grit, man.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                            Mr. Stokes....as John said, happy LIVING anniversary(belated on my part, but still)!

One of my goals for the coming year is to shake your hand and have a healthy conversation about this affliction we all seem to have here(heh).

Scott.......I've known a few people in your situation. I don't evny that position one bit, and the ability to carry on through that kind of searing pain.......true grit, man.
                            I couldn't stomach the idea of quitting and pulling the trigger would've been quitting. I was cured of Colitis with the surgery, but as life would challenge me some more; I was diagnosed with Crohn's five years ago. (IMO, God and his twisted sense of humor.) I didn't take the news well, but it was much better than the news I got at 16. I was mostly pissed that I may have been incorrectly diagnosed at 16 and again at 23. I made them re-diagnose me before I had my colon removed because doing when you have Crohn's instead of Colitis is a waste of time. (Crohn's affects your entire digestive tract; while Colitis only affects your large intestine..) I'm still dealing with it, but have been in remission for the most part for three years. I learned to listen to what my body was telling me.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

missed this thread

sorry you had to go through it but glad your ok
                              my pops went throught the stints and then open heart then home then back thn nothing hard to go through part of why i hate hospitals i spent about a year in one with him :'( glade my wife is a heatlhy cook and excerise etc...
                              but anyway glade your ok and can look back on it dan your a good guy and glade I got to meet ya
                              jay

Comment

Congrats,Dan. And yes,I missed this Thread too :P. Anyway,I'm QUITE SURE that you & the Misses will be around for a long time to come ;). And Merry Christmas and all that Festive stuff . ~J/W.

Comment

Working...
                                X