Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owned

Okay, this is a funny read:

Tonight I was going out to work to finish up a report. Its a nice cool night and I took the 335i. Well, I was in the slow lane and I see a set of HID lights pull up on my rear bumper fast! WTF?!? It changes lanes and it was a murdered out 350Z. Pretty much he was jabbing at his throttle getting me to run. I just stayed in the slow lane and cruised. After a minute or so of trying the driver side window rolls down and some idiot sticks his hand out and gives me a thumbs down. The guy zooms off and begins weaving through traffic.

I keep my pace and he gets stuck behind traffic. Again I am side by side with this clown and he again tries to get me to run. Well, I end up getting ahead of him, he changes lanes, and he begins to ride my ass. He was so close that I couldnt even see his headlights anymore. That's 1. I take a exit and he follows. Perfect. I call in to my co-worker who was on beat and told him to position himself should this idiot follow me into my city. My lane splits into 2 lanes and he gets beside me. The driver looks over and says," Hey bitch.. lets see what that over priced piece of shit can do." and begins revving his engine. The light turns green and he peels out. That's 2.

Speed limit is 35 and he is doing about 50+. That's 3. The next light turns red and we end up next to each other again. Once again I get the verbal abuse. Driver: "Come on bitch. I will smoke your ass." The Passenger: "What a ####ing pussy." I turn to them and said," You never know.. there might be cops around." Not sure who said it but I heard " #### the police". The light turns red and he burns out again. That's 4.

My bluetooth goes off and its my partner working beat. I roll up my window and answer my phone. I have him a description of the car and he said he was ready. Light turns green and he sees my partner who has his unit sticking out behind a safeway store and right when he passed my buddy lit his ass up. He pulls over and I pull in behind my buddy and put on my bullet proof vest that was in my trunk.

As my partner backed me up, I went up to the car and identified myself as the police and both of them were in shock. I got his driver license, registration, and insurance. He didn't say anything. I grabbed one of my buddy's cites n hit him up for speeding, exhibition of speed- 2 counts, tinted driver and passenger side windows, and Exhaust. As I filled out the cite I told my buddy to take them out of the car and to tell the driver that his car was getting towed as well.

I went up to the driver and explained to him what I was citing him for and that the Exhibition of Speed was a misdemeanor though we weren't going to arrest him but his car was now mine. He broke down and started to cry!!! Started whimpering and saying " I have finals tomorrow sir! How am I going to get to work?" "Please don't take my car!" The kid was 18 years old and he had to call his dad to pick him up. Needless to say the dad wasn't happy. Tow truck came and took the car. Pretty much he's going to have to pay around 400 bucks to get the car back.

I felt no pity. So lesson is, don't go picking races with people because you never know who you might run into. This kid learned the hard way.

This came from
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Re: Owned

well, he kid in the NIssan was obviously an idiot.

But the cop seems to be a douchebag with a god complex.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

The cop was doing his job.
      Good call.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
        Good call.
        sounded like the cop was off duty? how about if the kid in the nissan had been driving a Camaro? different story I bet.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Kid was an @sshole no matter what he was driving. See driving like this 4-5 times a day driving to and from work. Glad he ran into a cop for getting tickets instead of at the accident scene after he crashed into an innocent family.
          sigpic

Comment

Sounds like the off duty cop was ready to let it go until the douche really pressed the issue. He got what he deserved-it's asshats like that that make all of us look bad because the general non-car people public makes no distinction between spastic tards driving like an asshole in public and responsible hot rodders like ourselves.

Comment

Sounds like he got off easy if you ask me.

Cop was right in what he did.

Comment

Seems like Scott and I always see differently on these types of issues.

The off-duty Police Officer did the correct and right thing, protecting the citizens of the community.
                I am not sure, but I believe they have the responsibility to do so, if they observe law infractions, regardless if they are on duty or not. Maybe Bamfster can chime in on that aspect of the situation.

The crybaby kid was clearly in the wrong and will never learn unless he understands that his behavior will not be tolerated, by some type of negative feedback or consequences that inconvenience him or makes his parents aware of his actions.

According to the story, the off-duty Police Officer did not even call his work associate until the kid had tailgated him twice, used offensive gestures, and endangered other drivers and passengers with wreckless driving.

He got what he deserved, regardless of the vehicle he was in.

Comment

I had a different take on this when I first read it..... what kind of parent buys their 18 year old child a "murdered out" 350Z? IMO, it's nothing more then very late term abortion. >

And I thank the cop for taking his job seriously and getting morons like that (temporary as it may be) off the street.... given the kids reaction, the action of the cop might work towards saving his life (tailgating, passenger hanging out the window, cutting in and out of traffic are all things which can end quite badly for the participants).
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

If the officer had tried to pull him over w/o a real police car and without a real uniformed cop I would say he MIGHT have agod complex ( even though the kid really needed taking of the road ) he did the right thing and got some lights there.Most cops are always fully powered to make an arrest even when of duty.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierGTA
                      If the officer had tried to pull him over w/o a real police car and without a real uniformed cop I would say he MIGHT have agod complex ( even though the kid really needed taking of the road ) he did the right thing and got some lights there.Most cops are always fully powered to make an arrest even when of duty.
                      WHile I am glad the moron kid got busted...

to me, for the cop to get on the internet and openly BRAG about it, is more than enough to get him fired. There have been plenty of stories where the cops got online to brag about similar stories, and lost their job. This guy should at least be reprimanded because I'll bet you dollars to donuts, his force has a policy regarding that.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                        Seems like Scott and I always see differently on these types of issues.
                        Because I'm apparently more likely to consider both sides of the story. No discussion of how the cop handled thesituation by bragging about it online?

it's OK, it's just like most cops I ever met. God complex.

Comment

kid was wrong...
                          cop was wrong also..
                          posting it online is a no no . almost everywhere..
                          now.. the kid, was being an ass.. but also being a kid..
                          the cop.. after the fact went out of his way to cit. him for every infraction in the book he could think of..
                          fact that in this story the off duty cop is writing the cit.. on another cops ticket book..
                          seems odd..
                          but no matter..
                          if the kid after finding out it was a cop. yes sir'd and no sir'd
                          the cop should've gone a tad easier..
                          the fact that if the cop wanted to do his job..
                          he should've told the kid he was a cop after the first or 2nd . little "wanna run"
                          but he didn't and risked others by not defuse'n it at the start..
                          the kid was totally in the wrong..
                          but the cop wasn't doing his job. alowing it to get that far..
                          cause we all know.. if the kid knew it was a cop , it would've stopped right then and there..
                          if the kids 18. making him call his parents. does nothing.. he's 18..

Comment

Since the Cop didn't give the idiots name,
                            I don't have an issue w/ him talking about it
                            on the net.

The kid could've gotten street racing tickets,
                            that's a felony most everywhere, so he did give
                            the dumbass a break.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
                              Good call.
                              definately.

...and a cop with god complex is an oxymoron. :
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X