Finally got my shop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my shop!

I am excited to finally be moving forward with my shop "Nightmare Motorsports". I know I have mentioned it A LOT in the past year but to finally see things come together is great. Very few people (here at least) know about the immense amount of ground work that has been laid the past few years to make this possible and it's nice to see things come together. This is HUGE for me.

Anyway, I got the papers signed today and keys in hand so the moving will likely begin sometime after Christmas. I snapped some quick pics though that are below. The actual work space can support 4-5 cars comfortably with room for my equipment. Underneath the overhead storage area will be a dedicated engine building "clean room" that you can see lit up. Also through the double doors (where you see the Triumph parked) is where I will be able to keep another 3-4 cars parked if need be and also my Lathe and Bridgeport will be in that area...kind of like a machine shop portion. The biggest selling point for me was the fact that it has all the 220V single and three phase power I need for some of my equipment. The whole shop is heated and very well lit. The building is currently very yellow but is getting painted come spring. One of the things I really liked were the big double roll away doors on the back...I like being able to fit whatever I could ever need to in the shop....like boats 8)

Also the place has an ADT security system which is nice piece of mind for me and my customers...not to mention helps my insurance rates.

The actual back lot is huge and can hold tons of cars which has me thinking about maybe a SPRING open house BBQ type event? We'll get it figured closer to warm weather.

Here's some quick pics I took tonight though. There are still some things to get fixed and cleaned up but I am really happy with it...

It's not the biggest and it's not the "best" shop out there but I assure you we will turn out some seriously impressive work....for those that have followed my current build then you have seen what I have manged to do thus far in a 2 car garage with 110 volt power. I'm more concerned with the level of work I turn out then I am seeing how much money I can spend before making a dime.

On top of the full builds that we want to take on I also have 3 patents pending for some parts I designed including a new nitrous nozzle for single plane intake guys that I think has a serious shot at competing with if not replacing a lot of guys direct port setups. Anyway, stay tuned for more pics of the shop getting fully stocked with equipment and some kickass cars ;D

Now all I need is a Mustang Dyno so DieselGeek will come to me! ;)

www.Nightmare-Motorsports.com

Re: Finally got my shop!

Verrrry NICE,looks like Dan Stoke's layout(kind of...) ;). ~J/W.

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

nice ;D ;D ;D
        i'm jelious

Comment

Wow, nice place man! Good luck on the new business venture, although judging by the quality of the work that I've seen you produce, I think you will do all right!
          Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Scott, hell yeah!

I'm excited for you, but I am also selfishly excited for me because I know you're gonna keep your favorite blog-meister updated on the awesome junk you're working on at the shop.

Great stuff man, you'll do great.
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Great looking shop. Congrats!

Comment

Yeah, like mine - X10!!!!! Mine's only 30X40, which is all they'd let me build. Beautiful setup. I wish you all the best. The only thing I see wrong with it is the white stuff out in the yard. Couldn't you find some place warm?

Keep us posted and may the new year bring you all the best
                Dan

Comment

That's an awesome shop. The layout and everything is perfect. Keep us updated with pictures as you fill it with equipment and tools.

Comment

bigger than my whole dealership

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                      bigger than my whole dealership

Property is surprisingly affordable out here in Flyover country.

Man, I can't wait to see what these guys do! Scott V is more humble about his work than he should/could be...! he is a top notch fab guy,

-Scott
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Congrats on the shop ! Looks Great.......

Comment

Wow Dude....So nice.

My next house needs one of those...badly.

Seth
                          200 mph or bust.......

Comment

yes , but our little service department is doing 150k a month with 5 guys , slamburgers !

Comment

Great looking shop! It seems like a versatile layout.

Comment

Working...
                              X