Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proper Way to do a Burnout

Originally posted by Rebeldryver

That only works if you have a manual valve body. Without one the car will start off in first no matter what gear you select.
    Hi Scott - I guess I knew that, I've just always been used to Manual Valve bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve
      Big converter, line lock, reasonable power, 4.11s, average tires, lack of brains and heavy shoes. :P

I'll go with a lack of brains....I'dda not done that with an innocent civilian coming the other direction (the last scene).
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Steve is the burnout KING!!! Ask him how many shirts he has (or was supposed to get).....
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I did a burnout in a rental 6-cylinder Mustang in Alabama one time - I turned off the Traction Control on the dashboard (whatever that is) and held the brake and the throttle at the same time, and it made a whole lot of noise and some smoke and it made a neat little stripe on the road for about 20 feet where the right rear tire was spinning. I felt like a rel hotrodder.

When I got home, I told Sue Unit about it. She was really pissed. She said, "WHY would you treat a rental car that way?!?!??"

Because I could I reckon. DON't buy a "program" car. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
            Big converter, line lock, reasonable power, 4.11s, average tires, lack of brains and heavy shoes. :P

I'll go with a lack of brains....I'dda not done that with an innocent civilian coming the other direction (the last scene).
            That is BlackOutSteve from right here on BS!
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

People have been beating on rental cars for as long as there has been rental cars. Hell, people where even swapping out the motors at one time in the "Hurst" cars.

Comment

I usually try to stay right besides the guy in the other lane...

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by peewee

I know, I know, and i'm not condoning it.. Which is why I said lack of brains in the first place.
                  I'd like to think I've gotten a little smarter in the 10 years since that was filmed. I'd like to.. :P ;D

Comment

Well, you've got all that, PLUS everybody's driving on the wrong side of the road....

Comment

Working...
                    X