Bob Howard, Medal of Honor recipient...dies today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Howard, Medal of Honor recipient...dies today

Howard spent his last three weeks in a hospice in Waco due to pancreatic cancer.

He was among the Vietnam War?s most highly decorated soldiers and was constantly visible on the United States military scene even after his retirement. He graced many patriotic events with his presence and helped at the Purple Heart Ceremonies.

Robert ?Bob? Howard served in the army for 36 years, from 1956 to 1992. In a span of 13 months, he got nominated for the Medal of Honor, the most prestigious award given to combat veterans, three times. He also received other important awards including the Silver Star, eight Purple Hearts and the Distinguished Service Cross.

A memorial service will be held in San Antonio, and his burial will be at the Arlington National Cemetery.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: Bob Howard, Medal of Honor recipient...dies today

Peace to his family. How do we, as a nation, repay someone like that for their service? Burial in Arlington is a small step - sort of a down payment on the debt.

Dan

Comment

In a day when the word "hero" gets thrown around too easily (imo), anyone who was awarded the CMH (and nominated for it 3 times, no less) is indeed a Hero.

rest in peace.

Comment

I hope it will be a nice respectable service, and not screwed up with the presents of that @#%& that lives in the white house.

Comment

Originally posted by 67prostreet
          I hope it will be a nice respectable service, and not screwed up with the presents presence of that @#%& that lives in the white house.
          Let's not muddy up a thread about a true American Hero with our political opinions about whoever may be present from the white house.

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu
            Originally posted by 67prostreet
            I hope it will be a nice respectable service, and not screwed up with the presents presence of that @#%& that lives in the white house.
            Let's not muddy up a thread about a true American Hero with our political opinions about whoever may be present from the white house.
            I know, no political talk. Just in a pissy mood after watching the news last night.
            Also my spelling at times is not the best.

Comment

A little off the subject...but I had to picture the scene from "We Were Heroes" where the LT is screaming at the SFC (?) about his uniform and tells him to go change, so he leaves and returns wearing his CMH's and nothing else.

Rest in peace.
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

rest in peace old soldier
                let us remember , he fought like that to guarantee us the right to free speech

Comment

The right to be free came at the highest cost others.
                  When you see a Veteran, shake his or her hand and say "Thank You".

Comment

Rest in Peace. Words cannot show the respect he and all service men and women deserve.
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

godspeed

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                        rest in peace old soldier
                        let us remember , he fought like that to guarantee us the right to free speech
                        Ditto

Comment

Brian Williams tribute to him on last nights news-

and more about him here on his blog-

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                            Howard spent his last three weeks in a hospice in Waco due to pancreatic cancer.

He was among the Vietnam War?s most highly decorated soldiers and was constantly visible on the United States military scene even after his retirement. He graced many patriotic events with his presence and helped at the Purple Heart Ceremonies.

Robert ?Bob? Howard served in the army for 36 years, from 1956 to 1992. In a span of 13 months, he got nominated for the Medal of Honor, the most prestigious award given to combat veterans, three times. He also received other important awards including the Silver Star, eight Purple Hearts and the Distinguished Service Cross.A memorial service will be held in San Antonio, and his burial will be at the Arlington National Cemetery.

A hero with paperwork. All badly beaten vets need more ....rest in peace

I am glad to read this

what is up with the buffers here, 1 character a second, cpu full throttle....bangshift only.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

A true American hero....
                              Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Working...
                              X