Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When to Open Gifts at Christmas.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to Open Gifts at Christmas.........

My wife has always given me crap about this but she goes along with my way: ( She says should WAIT til Christmas morning / day to exchange or open any-all gifts )

We always do gift exchanges and open gifts from family and friends on Christmas Eve. Then you get what ever "Santa" has left under the tree or in a stocking on Christmas morning.

P.S. Hope Santa got the right size (Matched) Drag Radials

Re: When to Open Gifts at Christmas.........

Let's see, they're Christmas presents so they should be opened on Christmas day :P.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I'm a Christmas morning guy myself but when the girls were little we compromised and opened stockings on Christmas eve. Now that I'm an old Grandpa guy I get MUCH more fun out of giving than receiving. I don't need more stuff and it is, in fact, a liability. Anything I want or need I pretty much buy during the year.

Dan

Comment

As a child we were allowed to pick out on present from a sibling on Christmas eve to open. Everything else had to wait till christmas day.

Now we open all of our christmas presents on christmas day.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Christmas morning....even if the gift was mailed to you, you wait til the morning. Same goes for stockings

If you celebrate with someone you can't see Christmas day then it's ok to open the gifts with them.
          Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I believe it is as early as you can get away with. As a kid, the week before, I was a "searcher" !!
            Usually by tradition, my family was a Christmas morning opening ceremony, but as we merged with other families and their traditions, we compromised depending on where we were and with whom.
            Now, we usually get to pick one out for Christmas Eve and then the rest in the morning.
            ;D

Comment

Christmas morning, any other time is just succumbing to pressure.

Well... we finally let everyone open one on Christmas Eve.

Comment

As a kid Mom always picked out our one gift we could open on Christmas eve,somehow it was always Jammies! How did see always pick jammies!?

My wifes family did the same,and always the same gift!WTH?

We have kept it going with our daughters, son-in-law and grandson.

Stuff coming in the mail..If it's wrapped it goes under the tree till Christmas,unwrapped it's mine all mine!!!!

Comment

Last two years we waited until Christmas morning (just me and the wife) but we then hop in the car and drive to New Orleans for the week... both years, we stuffed presents in the closet and forgot about them until halfway through the year.

So this year we agreed we'd open them a few days before so we'd enjoy them before our annual trip.

My wife rules, she got me a MIG welder, helmet, and gloves! I used it already (fixed some wrought iron sculptures she had that got broken during hurricane Katrina).
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I didn't thing Katrina made it to Nebraska.

Love to melt metal.

I have one son who has an innate ability to figure out which gift boxes have clothes in them and what had the good stuff. He'd go for the good stuff and leave the clothes boxes unopened.

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
                      I didn't thing Katrina made it to Nebraska.
                      You know that infamous levee that broke in New Orleans East, on Lake Ponchetrain? The wife's family home is about 300 yards from there (in the only nice neighborhood for miles, lol). House sat under 8' of water for 6 months...

There wasn't much to salvage when they let us in to scope the damage, these sculptures being a few of them.
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

That sucks, glad no one was physically hurt. Losing the family home is awful.

Comment

1 gift on Christmas eve and the rest on Christmas day
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Growing up, it used to be on christmas eve. We were always out and about at relatives or they were at the house for christmas dinner. There were usually too many people to have all those presents opened. Now, the families are spread across the country and it's just the immediate family so , christmas morning it is.

Comment

I say Christmas morning. i hate doing it on Christmas Eve, but that is what Daphne's family does and so now it is what I do. I won't open any of mine until Christmas though. They aren't called Christmas Eve presents.
                              "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Working...
                              X