Electric power steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric power steering

I was reading something somewhere about a new electric power steering setup. Probably in hot rod while I was waiting on a prescription to get filled. Sounded different than the street rodder type. Supposed to be adjustable on the amount of assist. I am wondering if anyone has heard about this, knows the company that makes them, etc.

I have a couple of old Ford trucks, one has the over-assisted Ford system, where you move the wheel a hair and almost go into the other lane or in the ditch. I'd like to get power steering on the other truck, but have been waiting for something better. Maybe this would be it. Any feedback, info would be appreciated.

Re: Electric power steering

Sounds like the GM Magnasteer setup that's been used on its FWD cars since the mid 90's.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Re: Electric power steering

My neighbor Back in 1979 had a Van built that Had an F4 Jet Handgrip Controller installed, that switched Microswitches that in turn powered Hydraulic actuators which steered the Vehicle. It worked just like His Wheelchair. FWD made it go Faster, Aft made it slow down, and Left/Right Steered the Vehicle. The Mans Caretaker, and my Father flew out to California with Him and brought the Van Back to Florida after going to School on the Vechicles Controls.

I drove this Van a few times and it was really easy to Drive. He drove it everyday 45 Miles to Tampa, to the University of South Florida for years and Got his Masters Degree.

Comment

Working...
      X