Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Travis Pastrana's Newyears jump.

Originally posted by RyanWalker
    Peewee have you ever watched the World's Fastest Indian w/ Anthony Hopkins ?
    No, but I do have a copy of Mr. Destiny.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Watch it if you ever get the chance it pertains too exactly what I'm talking about.

Comment

Okay I'll check it out. How old is that? Can I rent / buy it? I'll trade you for a copy of the "Trio" CD if I can ever find a copy....no, wait, then I'll need two copies, one for me and one for you.

Comment

I'm not a good trader... :D Thanks though. Yeah you can rent or buy.. The movie I believe was released in 2005....

Comment

I'm not a good trader... :D Thanks though. Yeah you can rent or buy.. The movie I believe was released in 2005....
            Okay, I promise to watch The World's Fastest Indian, if you'll watch Mr. Destiny with Jim Belushi, if you haven't already. If you haven't watched that, watch it and think about it. Think about it. At a vulnerable point in my life, that movie sort of changed my life. Just thinking about it. A bad movie with bad acting and a bad plot and a shallow cast, but think about it. Watch Mr. Destiny and think about it.

Comment

Okay Ryan, The World's Fastest Indian in on its way to Weeville from Amazon. Now, you've gotta find Mr. Destiny to seal the deal. Let me know what you think about it after you think about it after you watch it.

Comment

I saw mr destiny at the movies , I liked it , that michael caine cracks me up

Comment

Roger Wilco Peewee. I just ordered via Amazon.

Comment

It should be a great week at the home movies, then.

Comment

Watch it if you ever get the chance it pertains too exactly what I'm talking about.
                      Okay Ryan. Got it in the mail today, watched the whole thing.

And I do understand. A real good movie, too. I cried a bit at the end, a mighty feel-good thing.

In the last scene of the movie, when he comes back home, and announces to all the fanfare that he'll go back to the Salt Flats the next year....

It's only the same night that I watched it, and haven't had a lot of time to really THINK about it, but that last scene really lends itself to what I was saying. If you are so driven toward such an unmeasurable dream, you can't stop at each milestone. I still think anybody that's so internally driven to accomplish something particularly in a dangerous sport, they HAVE to kill themselves trying, or they're not done.

Does that line of thought make any sense to anybody? In a strange way it makes sense to me, maybe not to anybody else.

Comment

PeeWee, in classic literature and stuff you're line of reasoning is how it works. The hero usually dies some sort of valiant death (not actually in a Valiant usually) while vanquishing his enemy or accomplishing some amazing feat. Beowulf kills the dragon but dies himself at the end of the fight.

I don't think that works too good in real life though.

I don't think Mark Donohue or Ayrton Senna or Jerry Titus, and on and on, thought that they had achieved their goal by getting killed on the track. These men were all champions in their own history before dying. In effect, they had climbed the mountain and kept on climbing.

Sir Stirling Moss and others of his ilk that did it, relished it, and lived through it seem to run counter to your line of thought there.

Not saying you are wrong, as it is your opinion, just not how I see it.

Brian
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Or down South, Dale Earnhardt Sr. YeeeeHaw. That was just another day at the race track for him, but by all accounts I've read or heard, he installed his own seat belt and twisted it, so it broke on impact.

But that's not chasing the immeasurable dream. The immeasurable and eventually unreachable dream is the guy going 201 on the Indian and then wanting to go back and do 210 or whatever. THAT's how you die.

In my humble opinion. When do you stop? There's a rational time to stop, unless your dream stands in the way of stopping.

Comment

If you're a racer you don't stop.

There's no difference between Munroe wanting to go 210 than Earnhardt wanting to run 1/2 a second quicker on that lap or the guy at Maxton who has gone 106 and wants to go 108.

"The unreachable dream" is different for everyone.

You die when you run out of talent.
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                            X