Ok ive had enough family time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok ive had enough family time

First off, i have to say that im blessed that im pretty close to my parents and my sister. We normally get along well and even the extended family is ok.

But this year just sucked. My mom and aunt went at it today, and there was just a crap load of drama. We'll at least the food was good.

Glad its over for another year.

*Rant off

Re: Ok ive had enough family

This was the first year in our lives that we were actually able to ignore Christmas, the "holiday" the presents and the pressure and stress of it all. It was great. We did nothing. I said NOTHING.

That's not a great thing by all accounts, not a "normal" thing. Our senoirs are all dead now, and the nieces and nephews are grown past the Santa thing.

I painted the kitchen walls. And then we rested. Beautiful.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Re: Ok ive had enough family time

Mine is just postponed due to the weather.In laws on Sunday and my side whenever my parents get back from being in OK with the snow.Its not as bad as my first marriage.That family defined Dysfunctional

Comment

All families are dysfunctional. Name a family that's not dysfunctional.

When I was a kid, I so much enjoyed going up to the end of the street and hanging out with their folks on Christmas. They were more real than my own folks. I could relax there. They were fun to be with. So much more fun. Music, jokes, the grownups were drinking and smoking.

At my own house, the Christmas ceremony was about 20 percent worse than being at the dentist. No, 30 percent worse. How's that for childhood memories?

Ward and June Cleaver in charge, except I didn't even have Wally to goof around with.

It was so formal. Mama had a living room that was only used one time per year - Christmas. Don't go in there, it's for looks only. So Mama got a live tree one year and there was a preying mantis nest inside it. On Christmas morning when we were all there righteously taking turns opening our carefully wrapped presents one-by-one, the preying manits nest opened up. They had been just about warm enough long enough. They thought it was spring - time to hatch.

That was the most fun I remember from the family Christmas - seeing the look on Mama's face as all the the bugs crawled on the wall.

Comment

Wait, there was one other time....Daddy was stuffing gift wrap in the fireplace faster than Mama could haul it out to the trash bin, and there was a chimney fire. WHHHOOOOF! A terrible roar. Nearly burned the whole house down. Great gobs of flaming stuff floating out of the chimney onto the roof and into the pine trees. In the middle of the night, the top of the chimney looked like the ass end of a fighter jet on afterburners.

Yeah, that was pretty cool. Mama banned all alcohol from the residence as a result of that. Not that it was a whole lot of fun to start with. Not anywhere you'd want to be. I know I sure didn't wannabe. If I'd known what to wish for back then, I'd wish for THIS - right here in TN, our own place.

Comment

Working...
          X