Chistmas Toys of Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chistmas Toys of Past

Here is a pic of a few toys I have had since I was young, maybe you had some of these also.

Here is a truck I put our company logos on for my Son.

Re: Chistmas Toys of Past

I used to play with the Texaco truck in the barn on my grandparents farm...it was all red tho....wish I still had it...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I got a hand grenade one time. It was spring-loaded and it went "pop" after you pulled the pin and it scattered all the little square plastic pieces around the room. Then you could put it all back together and do it again.

Circa 1960's. Definitely not politically correct these days.

My Mama would not let me have Rock Em Sock Em Robots, because that was too violent. Forbidden - no way. Nor could I get the "Operation" game where you do surgery on the imaginary patient, a test of hand steadiness.

But I by golly got a hand grenade. And a machine gun that fired a paper strip of I guess gunpowder rounds. Boy, did that thing ever smoke up the room and make a whole lot of noise. ratttta Taaaattta TATTTTa TTATTT The end of the barrel had a red thing that recoiled and added to the noise and commotion. It all lasted about a day before it broke.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Comment

Nice Bench Grinder,Dave :o :o ;D!! ~J/W.

Comment

Although I was always a Schwinn guy, I remember looking in the Western Auto store front window and drooling over the totally loaded red Galaxy Flyer they had as a showcase.

Being the nostalgic sort of guy, I have finally gotten my piece of late '60's vintage iron. The 'ole "Flyer" is stripped down of course. I put on a higher tooth front gear, whitewall beach cruiser balloon tires with new tubes (beach cruising during Spring Break is a must see!), a new o-ring chain and rear sprocket, I repacked the crank and re-trued the wheels.

Comment

One of my favorites was a TCR racetrack,the one you could change lanes with.

Comment

The scene on X-mas morning in my living room growing up. Things haven't changed much in 30 years, I was sitting on the living floor playing with Cam and all the legos he got for X-mas

Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Hell, when I was a boy.... (OMG, not another one of those!).

But seriously, plastic toys were unusual then and we, of course, thought they were the COOLEST. We had tons of tin toys that we thought of as the second best stuff. The plastic toys, of course, lasted quick. The steel toys are probably still running somewhere but are no longer in our possession. All three of us guys (me and my bros) have moved all over the USA and things have a way of getting scattered to the four winds. I do, however, have a few of the Industro Select tools that Mom and Dad bought me for my 15th. birthday. I guess tools were higher on the priority list than toys?

Dan

Comment

I still have the first Tyco slot-car track I got as a kid. It's been put away for 30yrs. Everything is there including the original box and instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
                      The scene on X-mas morning in my living room growing up. Things haven't changed much in 30 years, I was sitting on the living floor playing with Cam and all the legos he got for X-mas

I was doing the same thing with my boys too.

Comment

What about those littel Tootsitoy cars you would get in a pack of 5 then open leave on the floor and your relative would then step on, they wouldnt give at all and hurt your foot, great memories!

Comment

I couldn't find a picture of the earlier one but we thought these were a big deal.............

Comment

Originally posted by rack4u
                            David,
                            You have a serious affiliction with all those trannies.
                            Nice stories everyone, Christmas morning has a way to take you to a different palce and time.

Comment

Originally posted by rack4u
                              YOU BASTARD {said as nice as I can in a good way } I need one lol

Comment

Working...
                              X