Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey people that know junk about computers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey people that know junk about computers....

after you have removed the devices, re-booted, installed/re-installed firefox
    open firefox, go to tools, options, advanced, network, settings > select: auto detect proxy settings

you may also try this:

go to the command prompt and type in or copy/paste:
    ipconfig /flushdns

I assume you have already tried to have the PC repair it's connection?

Comment

Not a computer guy myself, but have a few tales to tell:

Whatever's going on, do a Google search for Advanced System Care. It's free. Download it and run it. You'll be amazed at how much crap builds up on your computer just from using it on the net. ASC will clean all that crap up, speed you computer up and wipe out bugs and poison and stuff at the same time.

RE the wireless network, I dunno, but we have wireless here at Weeville, and it gets goofy sometimes. The remote computer (mine - the website computer) has a thing that plugs into a USB port, and sometimes we have to reboot the modem and then unplug the USB thing from my puter and plug it back in, and everything's fine after that until the next time it gets goofy.

And if your hard drive is dying, bets are off. I've only seen one hard drive die. I had a company-owned laptop I was traveling with. I would get through, turn it off, put it into the bag and when I looked at it again it was back ON. It would turn itself back on after I turned it off. And it would do unexplainable stuff - I had corporate IT on the phone telling them what it just did and they would slap me in the face over the phone and insult me and say point blank there's no way any computer can do that. The point being, if your hard drive is dying....bets and logic are all over.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

how horrible is this?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

kyhunter, do you still use pigeons for bringing those 'pings' across where you live? LOL... That's pretty sad though.

Brian,
          I tried looking up some consumer reviews of this router to see if more people had the same issues perhaps. But couldn't find any.

You wouldn't happen to have a spare wifi-card lying around to plug into the desktop now would you?
          Just to check if this works better.
          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I'm smoking you guys.

Comment

go into your anti virus software and do a complete scan..

this will take a long while, get a 6 pack..
              scan it..
              it's loaded with spy ware and ad ware..
              and a trogan or two

Comment

well i think it's official... i have the most expensive, yet slowest internet on the face of the planet. Apparently people in Africa get better service per dollar than I do according to the charts I see.

Hey Brian, stop your crying, your net when it's broken is faster than mine is when it's kicking ass and taking names. :o

Comment

Hey Joe,

The lap top works good, but the desktop is currently sitting at 0Mb/s up and download. I'll screw with it some other day.

I have Goliath's carb on my work bench and a rebuild kit, that's more fun than this 'puter stuff. :D
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That does sound like more fun than fixing the computer.
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

i dont know joe. mine is $100 a month for phone, internet and cable. look at the result above. the computers are actually fast though. im guessing its something about the way it reads t.
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
                      X