Fast vid of a road around here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast vid of a road around here.

Time lapse video of me driving E6 in Norway. It starts near Mo i Rana and ends close to the place where E6 crosses Arctic Circle. The video is Norway in a nu...

Some of you,may wonder how the roads around here are.Heres a vid that starts some 20 miles south of my hometown,and ends up at the arctic circle.Theres actually 85 miles of vid in 8:30 minutes.

Around 2 minutes, we see my town,and at 3:56 theres a sideroad.Thats the road to the race track we have here.

Re: Fast vid of a road around here.

What an incredibly fast camper that was in front of the cameraman!!!! Also, at 5:52 it looked like the police Volvo was going about 450 km/h! At 4:20 the road starts looking like I remember them as - no center line, but white dashed lines on the sides.
    President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

I like your version of arctic circle. You got the ocean like alaska...people stay alive there.

by my own maine tortured calculation.....

the actual arctic circle is 1380 miles.....

the scince proven version of distance to equal the actions ....

67 degrees is arctic circle
      - 51 degrees is location of southern tip of hudson bay subtracted
      -------
      16 degrees is distance of southern tip of hudson bay to arctic circle

subtract this from actual degrees of 20 latitude (69 miles a degree) to arctic circle, from my location..

that leaves 4 degrees == 276 miles, theoretical distance from arctic circle dimentias..

the slippery wind on the hudson bay comes my way, and then due north is another phenomona.

England is actually more north than maine usa, and I'd rather spend my decembers in england.... :D
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

It looks so much like driving HWY 101 in WA...forest, sea, open plains, rolling hills...
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

At 6:31 there is a truck that has drove off the road.Not unusual at that part of the road.This vid is has been made in the best part of the holiday season,so lots of campers on the road.And when a truck meets a camper that are not so used to these narrow roads,it usually ends up with one of them leaving the road...

This road was made in the forties,and when made..they where made for 1 or 2 cars a day..and now,with 400-4000 cars and trucks each day,it is not rare with accidents every day.

At 7:47 we pass the Arctic Circle.There have been built a center for tourists

Comment

I dont know about the rest of you but i found it rather boring. Lets recap, all the scenery was pretty much the same, green, tree covered, lush. The roads themselves, just two land winding roads, there were no traffic jams, i did not see any road rage, but the truck that was off the road could have been the result of road rage, there were no verbal arguments at the intersections, no police pursuits or pit maneuvers and there were no sniper attempts. No riots through the streets, just roads that ran along streams and lakes.

The least you shoulda done was to pit that small motorhome off into the guardrail. He kept getting in your way!

On a serious note, very nice!
            Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto

The least you shoulda done was to pit that small motorhome off into the guardrail. He kept getting in your way!

;D ;D.Motorhomes are a pit in the ass in the summertime.The roads arent built for lots of traffic,so when you want to pass someone..you better have patience,because there are always a truck or car that comes the other way..

Comment

A huge difference from over here for sure. I still love seeing pics and vids from other parts of the planet.
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                  A huge difference from over here for sure. I still love seeing pics and vids from other parts of the planet.
                  We have motorways here,and in the last part of the vid the road opens up..i have had over 140mph up on that mountain.Its just flat and straight.But the rest of the road in the vid are narrow and lots od corners.There have been debated for years..and now the politicians have found out that the only way of makeing abetter road,is to have a road toll.

We are one of the worlds richest nations,and have the worlds crappiest roads..road toll makes sence then..

Comment

It's interesting. Dan pointed out how different it is and I was thinking how much the roads looked like our back roads in mountainous regions of NC. Street signs seem weird because I'm not used to them.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                      It's interesting. Dan pointed out how different it is and I was thinking how much the roads looked like our back roads in mountainous regions of NC. Street signs seem weird because I'm not used to them.

Dan
                      Well.It can be that Bamfster knows that this is the MAIN road here...not a back road :D

Comment

Y'all ain't been to Fancy Gap, have ya? It's just across the Virginia border.

Dan

Comment

Y'all ain't been to Fancy Gap, have ya? It's just across the Virginia border.

Dan
                          Havent been there Dan.Same roads as over here??

Comment

I'll say "Similar". I really was surprised at how similar they looked. Still, it's definitely a different country. When you get over here we'll take a drive up into the hills - maybe go see rack4u & Celeste.

Dan

Comment

I'll say "Similar". I really was surprised at how similar they looked. Still, it's definitely a different country. When you get over here we'll take a drive up into the hills - maybe go see rack4u & Celeste.

Dan
                              Will do Dan ;).Definetely.That will be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X