My New Years Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Years Resolution

Well after some hard thinking on what I want to do in the next year and the thread about what next great adventure I'll do, I am saying goodbye to the internet forums. The JackStandCamaro comment really got me thinking, and the 34 days, 1 hour and 42 minutes that I've been online got me thinking even more, 34 days, if I would have used that time on my '71 Camaro it would be done. I have now come to realize that all these message boards do is prevent me from getting things done. And in the new year that is what I'm going to be all about, as Larry the Cable Guy says, "git ur done" and that is exactly what I plan to do. So my New Years resolution is going to be to stay away from these message boards and get my cars and other projects that I have done. It was a great run, Steve you got my Email, and I may check in from time to time for PM's, but as of January 1st, I say goodbye.

And to all the friends I made on here, if you want to get a hold of me throw me a PM and I'll send you my Email.

And to everyone else, C'est La Vie.

Re: My New Years Resolution

Git'r Done TC. Come back smokin the hides of the '71.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

O.K. Guys I got $ 20 on TC not making it to 1-15-10

No resolutions for me this year...........just a big prayer that business picks up !

Comment

He knows how to access the site as "hidden". ;D

Comment

;D ;). ~J/W.

Comment

Truly, best of luck, TC. While I haven't always (or very often) seen eye to eye with you I believe you to be a decent person with the best of intentions. I hope you make it back - driving some of your projects!

Dan

Comment

Gona loose weight, quit chewing, eat better, finish all my projects ....Ah hell...I guess i should not lie to myself..lol
              Resolution that I will stick to..Work harder at the shop and make this thing fly !!

Comment

Does that mean your not going to be able to help redball the diplomat to denver?
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Alex.....

Don't have to quit cold-turkey....just gotta allocate time a bit better.

If working on the car(s) a little more often than posting up on the 'net is what's required, then by all means do so.

But don't cut yerself off altogether...there's too much to laugh at and drool over here!

Keep me posted on the progress, man.

Smoke

Comment

time allocation is a definite need to do.You cant just leave it is to fun to piss off somebody on bangshift. Sometimes it better than t.v.

Comment

About damn time damnit... I have talked to you on the net for 3 years and as far as I know you aint done shit to the Camaro, and the truck project stalled too...get some shit done and post some progress. this spring..If you ever need anything let me know.
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I'm not quite sure why people get on a forum to announce they don't want to get on a forum...but I certainly understand what's behind it, being human and all. TC if you do what you're saying, "bye" along with my best...and if you change your mind, better yet as I've always felt you made an important contribution, even when you're full-of-it :D.

If you've taken some crap over not making progress on your car, do what you'd do in any room full of people and give 'em the raspberry...then go home and do some work on the damn car. Then come back and have a beer and yak. It's not like people are giving you a bad time over something that doesn't actually end up benefitting you more than anyone.

Prioritize and train yourself. An hour on the car, one post. Two hours, two posts.

Or whatever. Anyway, see ya 'round and if anyone comes back on as "Old Pro-Stock Guy" or shows a style anything like yours, I'll know who it is... ;)

Comment

I think TC posted this 4 months too early.
                          Tom
                          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

It's possible to get things done and post. Look at the guy with 107 days (:o), granted he doesn't have a wife and kids, but cut that time in half and it's still a bunch of time. A good six hour thrash a week, or every other week on a project can show big progress.
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Hey,TC,I want a piece of 'Space Ghost-II' when you get it finished ;D ;D!! ~J/W.

Comment

Working...
                              X