Overhaulin' Challenger for sale on EBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overhaulin' Challenger for sale on EBay

It sucks he has to sell, but home and family comes first, if that is the case. I've came close to selling the '55 a couple times when things got tight but managed to hang on to it. Hell, I even put it on craigslist once and pulled the ad the next day. I put it in a for sale section of another forum I hang out in. The guys there talked me out of it, thankfully. The day may come where I do need to get rid of it, and I'll be depressed as all hell, but I will get over it and start something new with some of the $$$ I get on the car.

Comment

I am sure he has a good reason to do it. I remember that Ian Ziering guy had a Camaro on there and shortly after the show aired I recall seeing it on Ebay for sale with like a 100 miles on the redo. I found that to be douchey for some reason.

Comment

AND AFTER YOU FALL FOR THE PRESSURE OF SELLING THE CAR , IT REALLY DOES NOT SOLVE ANYTHING

Comment

I once had a customer stiff me for $21,150.50 dollars... long story but it about buried me... it was at the end of every single penny I had.... So sitting there with my head in my hands.... My Dad asks me what my Austin Healey is worth...

His point is if you have a $35,000 dollar assest to sell your not bankrupt.... and he was right ... but I could go bankrupt and still keep my car.... hmmmm

Ultimately... I whittled around ... busted my ass.... made some friends of bankers and got out of the fix with my Healey sitting in the garage.... ( it's worth a bit more now )

Basically... there are cars that are "more" then cars.... David's Rumble Bee.... My Healey... so on so forth... but I would sell the Healey to save my life if I was Sick... or any of my family or close friends.... it is "just" a car... But it's a part of my soul and you'd have to need a piece of my soul to get me to sell it...

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
            I once had a customer stiff me for $21,150.50 dollars... long story but it about buried me... it was at the end of every single penny I had.... So sitting there with my head in my hands.... My Dad asks me what my Austin Healey is worth...

His point is if you have a $35,000 dollar assest to sell your not bankrupt.... and he was right ... but I could go bankrupt and still keep my car.... hmmmm

Ultimately... I whittled around ... busted my ass.... made some friends of bankers and got out of the fix with my Healey sitting in the garage.... ( it's worth a bit more now )

Basically... there are cars that are "more" then cars.... David's Rumble Bee.... My Healey... so on so forth... but I would sell the Healey to save my life if I was Sick... or any of my family or close friends.... it is "just" a car... But it's a part of my soul and you'd have to need a piece of my soul to get me to sell it...
            I hear what the lot of you all are saying. It's his car and he can do what he pleases with it. I am sure he has a perfectly good reason to sell. But! If he is so desperate, then why is there a reserve?

Example: Turk, your car is "worth" $35K on a good day. An emergency comes up and you need money really quick. Would you not take $30K? for the car? I mean, people are dying here. It's a life and death situation. But no, the dying people can wait. It's $35K or no sale...LOL!

Comment

I believe about .001% of what I read on ebay listings. More to the point, I don't like that car....it's ugly, and just because it was built on overhaulin' doesn't give it anymore cred to me. Foose has built alot of cars that i like, but I just don't see one that was built in a week as being anywhere near perfect or worth that kind of scratch.

My cars are still just cars when it comes down to it. I have a ton of sentiment in them but I think my family and friends far outweigh the sentiment.....
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

That Challenger is hidious.

The wheels, the paint, the stance, the tires, the seats. Ugggg.. I would love to play the violation game with that one. Chip has talent, but sometimes he needs to know when to leave something alone.

And don't give me the "everyone has different taste" line. That cars sucks. Out loud.
                "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
                  I would love to play the violation game with that one.
                  So what's stopping you?

I'll call out the obvious: the wheels, and it has the stance of a 4x4 S-10.

Comment

Normally people whine about the violation game. Screw it though, Chip can cry in his pile of money.

Stance, Stance, Stance.
                    SEATS!!!!! Seriously? Wow, a blind man knows they aren't right.
                    Wheels
                    Tires
                    Shaved door handles
                    Graphics
                    Color Green
                    Gas door
                    Steering Wheel
                    Obvious alarm
                    Lack of heater hoses, but fittings still everywhere
                    outside rearview mirrors

There are other little stupid things that should be for a car of this "caliber" ;D but I'll keep my mouth shut.
                    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
                      Normally people whine about the violation game. Screw it though, Chip can cry in his pile of money.

Stance, Stance, Stance.
                      SEATS!!!!! Seriously? Wow, a blind man knows they aren't right.
                      Wheels
                      Tires
                      Shaved door handles
                      Graphics
                      Color Green
                      Gas door
                      Steering Wheel
                      Obvious alarm
                      Lack of heater hoses, but fittings still everywhere
                      outside rearview mirrors

There are other little stupid things that should be for a car of this "caliber" ;D but I'll keep my mouth shut.

x11tybillion .. 95% of the stuff on that show looked like poo
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                        there is a black and orange challenger that is suppose to be an overhaulin car, located here in central florida. i've seen it at the local hangouts a few times. does this sound like we are talking about the same car?
                        I'm pretty sure the people who own that car wouldn't do something like that.

Comment

I have to agree with Chad. It's hideous. If someone did that to my car, they'd be searching for a new host for their TV show. Foose needed to retire that two tone, belt line color scheme years ago.

I caught my friend, James, taking pics of my Impala one morning. He admitted that he wanted to submit my car for that show. I told him "don't you dare!".

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
                            Didnt the chick that had the Nova done (66-67) i think, had some Cherries or something in the paint, sell that too?
                            If I remember that story, pretty much what happens is the car owner is responsible for the value of the upgrades to the car. So they do $30,000 worth of work to a car, she was responsible for the taxes on that, same as if you win something. She couldn't afford the taxes and had to sell the car, but that story didn't get a lot of press.

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                            I have to agree with Chad. It's hideous. If someone did that to my car, they'd be searching for a new host for their TV show. Foose needed to retire that two tone, belt line color scheme years ago.

I caught my friend, James, taking pics of my Impala one morning. He admitted that he wanted to submit my car for that show. I told him "don't you dare!".
                            Hate to say it, as Foose does a lot of nice cars, but mostly that show craps up every car that goes in there. Let's see, narrowed and tucked bumpers, two-tone paint, wheels way too big for the car, crate engine, and huge ass stereo.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X