X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey, Chevy guys...

A WHITE Vinyl top?
    I love white vinyl tops on Camaros, I just have never seen one in person
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
      I happen to own Camaros, and lots of Camaro parts, so I'm very familiar with these...

...the 275 horse 327 that would have come in an SS car.
      ?

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
        Loren,

Thanks for the info. He swears its a 327 and the original engine, but I don't have enough Chevy smarts to tell the difference externally. It does have the vent-type hood. I will check the rear end again, but he has told me on several occasions it is a 12-bolt with 4.10 gears. I need to wait for the snow to melt off a bit to check on it but I will try to take some pics.

This thing is going to have major floor rot as the wheels have sunk into the dirt. Floor pans and trunk floor for sure.

Ron
        Ron. one thing that's easy to check is the year. A '67 had vent windows (aka wind wings). This will help determan if the other items your friend says match the real world.
        Wishing the best either way for your friend.
        There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
          A WHITE Vinyl top?
          I love white vinyl tops on Camaros, I just have never seen one in person
          No, it is a white CONVERTIBLE top.

Ron
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I happen to have my "Chevrolet by the Numbers" book and it shows a 327,275HP 4-speed to have a 12 Bolt diff. It also shows this combination has a Saginaw 4-speed. If you find casting numbers on the trans and stamped numbers, this book should identify it. Good luck. Sounds like a great resto project.

Comment

Working...
            X