Monster Jam, go or no-go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Jam, go or no-go?

There is gong to be a Monster Jam event in Milwaukee in a couple weeks.
    I'm not into this stuff at all, there ok and all just not my thing..... However, my 4 year old boy is a BIG fan of monster trucks, and my daughter (8) even wants to go.
    Admittedly, when I was a kid I would have died to go see a real monster truck.

I'm thinking we should go?
    Has anyone here ever gone to one of these things, is it pretty cool?

Re: Monster Jam, go or no-go?

My kids really like to go see these things. If you go with the understanding of what you are going to get you will have a good time. It is the WWF of motor sports. You do need to appreciate what they are doing with a 10,000lb vehicle and 1500HP launching them twenty to thirty feet in the air inside a building. I really enjoy the freestyle stuff. The racing is just dumb though

Comment

i say go, way better then a milas cyrus or jonas brothers concert!
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Bob hit it on the head...the Monster Jam-branded events are scripted to a "t", but it's good fun for the kids. It's not like it was back in the 1980's(i.e. ACTUAL racing/competition)....

Ear protection is an absolute MUST...took my youngest son to a similar event(Monster Nationals, Bigfoot was there), and he had foam ear plugs AND the headphone-style ear muffs as well.

Go ahead, take'em.....any mechanized entertainment beats the hell out of "cabin fever".

Comment

Go, and enjoy!
          You get to hear high-performance engines roaring and spitting flames.
          What's wrong with that?
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Just if it is in a basket ball arena don't sit in the first 15 rows or so. Have seen them get into the stands before when flipping and such.

Comment

Motorized WWE... Kids love it, What is there to do in Consin in the winter anyways !!

Comment

if its a small arena it would be the best choice but still go

when i was about 5 or 6 one of the drivers asked me if i wanted to go for i ride in parking lot and i stupid me was scared to
                The youngest guy on the board
                76 vega
                86 fiero

Comment

Originally posted by 64casteel

when i was about 5 or 6 one of the drivers asked me if i wanted to go for i ride in parking lot and i stupid me was scared to
                  You'd have just taken a nap anyway as usual.
                  "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                    Originally posted by 64casteel

You'd have just taken a nap anyway as usual.
                    shut up, i was just afraid of the truck
                    The youngest guy on the board
                    76 vega
                    86 fiero

Comment

I say go. We took Cole a few years ago on his birthday and it was good. If your kids are into autographs and all that, they have a free "party" in the pits before the race where they can get photos with the drivers and truck and all that. It's pretty cool.

Words of advice.
                      Go to eat on your way to the show. Fill the kids up good, and then all you have to do is buy them a drink and cotton candy. They will be full and not want to eat $8 hot dogs.
                      Bring the kids some earplugs. The little foam ones are fine.

"A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

I went in a SMALL ice hockey arena, to a sort of rip off of MJ. It was cool for free as college kids. We got the tickets from a local radio station because we were on the PSU Baja team. The show was on the bare concrete floor. 12 cars and a van to crush. 3 cars per side and van in the middle. Straight races go, then stop. They did a wheelie contest, racing and free style. They had supporting "events" such as flat track quads, which was about as un organized as frat house, and stunt motorcycles. It was fun for free, blower whine echos really well too.
                        Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

It has all already been said in previous posts, so I'll summarize it.

GO !!

Fill the kids up with food on the way to the event.
                          Make sure they have adaquate ear protection.
                          .. and most importantly, have fun and make the most of it with your kids.
                          ;D

Comment

Wow, I guess I'm goin' then :D
                            It's in the Bradley center where the Milwaukee Bucks play and they also have a ton of concerts and such there. I guess it's a midsized arena.

Better get it on the family event calendar.

Comment

Well done Mike !
                              Make it a family event and enjoy the noise and mayhem of Monster Trucks with your kids !!!
                              They will no doubt remember it for the rest of their lives.
                              ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X