Subaru Legacy Outback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Subaru Legacy Outback

I don't think anyone is saying "I'm right and your wrong". Like myself most of us speak from experience in dealing with Subaru at one time or another. Some have just seen more than others. Like I said before, I did alot head work on Subaru's back in the early to mid 90's. They where junk. Everything you can realate going bad on aluminum heads back then, did. I'm willing to bet they have improved since then.

I think some people just need to go back and read the last sentence in Walt's first post.

Originally posted by 98ciHemi
    I am just wondering if anyone here knows any common problem spots that Subaru's have, and how many miles a well cared for engine can be expected to give.

Comment

I don't promote imports
      maybe he should ask the clowns on the subaru boxer world peace forum

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
        I don't promote imports
        Look, it's not my car, I don't ever plan on owning one. But because I respect this guy and he is my friend, I try and do my best to help him.

Comment

Originally posted by bnjny
          Just to spice it up a little, what did I replace the Subaru with? ;D
          heh....another overcomplicated pos.

At least this one has a reasonable basic engine design.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
            Shooting spark plugs? ???
            fords mod motors also offer this feature at no extra cost
            ford had a better idea....
            CC's McGann had that happen on his Crown Vic. The dealer we take our fleet of Towncars to said he'd never heard of it happening on a 4.6. Mostly, truck 5.4's that shoot plugs out along with the threads. Dealer quoted me $3200 to fix it.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

This is the inherent problem with people and cars today... Everyone is an expert, lol... Maybe the 'engineer' and the professional flag waver can actually answer to my points, though I doubt it... To busy making up new ways to bash stuff they don't understand or like...

Hemi, there is nothing wrong with a high mile Subaru of that vintage... Again, just check that the timing belt has been done and that the fluids are fresh... The 4EAT trans should be fine as long as it has received consistant fluid changes over its life. The amount of oil being burnt is not that unusual with that kind of mileage in the N/A engines of that vintage... Not to metion the sound of a flat 4 Subie does not sound like rice or like a clogged vaccum. Like most 4 cyl cars, import or domestic. The AWD works flawlessly and is mostly trasparent in everyday driving. The Outback has decent room and really is not that more expensive to maintain than any of the competition in that niche... Like any other used car, just make sure you are awaure of any worn items that need repalcement and that the car itself is in good working order.

Comment

Subaru spent decades patching up the bugs of the bad engine design, so they actually work ok now.

I recommend them to all my female acquaintances who are known to wear comfortable shoes.

My fabulous web page

Comment

I don't promote imports
                  Look, it's not my car, I don't ever plan on owning one. But because I respect this guy and he is my friend, I try and do my best to help him.
                  try to ignore the flag waivers, they're the ones that truly destroyed this country and it's economy. There's more chinese content in any current GM vehicle than your friend's subaru, and no, it didn't cost anybody their US jobs when it was purchased.
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                    Subaru spent decades patching up the bugs of the bad engine design, so they actually work ok now.

I recommend them to all my female acquaintances who are known to wear comfortable shoes.

Normally you make valid points, but here you're about as far off the mark as you can possibly be. Boxer engines are junk? newsflash, they'll support more power per cube than your beloved domestic V engine - don't even think about comparing the awesomeness of the pushrod valvetrain design :
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

The last one I came up against on Grand Avenue didn't have enough cubes, then.....

My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek

There's more chinese content in any current GM vehicle than your friend's subaru, and no, it didn't cost anybody their US jobs when it was purchased.
                        I thought Subaru was Japanese.....
                        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

There's more chinese content in any current GM vehicle than your friend's subaru, and no, it didn't cost anybody their US jobs when it was purchased.
                          Subaru is Japanese... but Chinese content riles up the anti import peeps more better

Comment

Subaru is Japanese... but Chinese content riles up the anti import peeps more better
                            Interesting ......

Comment

yeah, interesting, we're criticizing the poor little subbies for their lack of merit, and some guys are defending them because they come from somewhere else.

My fabulous web page

Comment

I meant the part about riling up the anti import people

Comment

Working...
                                X