Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang Sportabout??

Found this on the AMC Eagle Nest,

Look closely to the Mustang, the side window, roof, hatch, and d pillar from a Hornet wagon made this Mustang a stationwagon. The owner has a bodyshop and said he needed room to haul things.
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Re: Mustang Sportabout??

Ford built some promo Mustang wagons as well.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

icky , just icky

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
        Found this on the AMC Eagle Nest,

Look closely to the Mustang, the side window, roof, hatch, and d pillar from a Hornet wagon made this Mustang a stationwagon. The owner has a bodyshop and said he needed room to haul things.
        That actually looks like it belongs - I like it.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

I like it, too. In fact I think it looks better than the Ford-built one that Brian found.

Dan

Comment

Interesting idea, though the rear window glass looks a little bit out of place. I'd probably have picked something that kept the thick C pillar. Rest of the execution is pretty good.

Comment

This one's my favorite. '71 Challenger R/T with a Vista Cruiser wagon grafted on. I really wanted this when it came up on eBay.

It's always dangerous to get excited about a car that looks halfway decent in pictures. This creative body project that was born from a very rare 1971 Dodge Challenger R/T SE is just such a car. Yes, the value of this car has been pretty well erased by the addition of an Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser roof, and that could cause some outbursts from purists. The thing is, the stupid values that cars of this era have been reaching at auction are a recent phenomenon. This particular Challenger was just a

Comment

Working...
              X