New HRM format - Too many cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HRM format - Too many cars?

Just curious if others are digging or hating how HRM is packing in so many cars in each monthly issue.

I'm beginning to dislike it big time. You see a cool car, wonder about all the details, turn the page only to see another, then start to wonder about that one, turn the page, and it just keeps switching to another car. There are typically 1-2 great articles in each issue but the number of cars crammed in between feel like teasers. Even the stories behind the builds are getting a bit too shallow.

Is it just me? I might be getting too old. :P

Tampa, FL

Re: New HRM format - Too many cars?

I like the fact that there's more cars in the issues, but the lack of detailed info/more pics is disappointing.

Having more home-built cars instead of shops churning out more overblown showcars that'll likely never be driven would get my vote. Same goes for the magazine project cars.

Build it, beat on it, give us the results.

Comment

I don't have HRM but I think it would then be a nice idea if you could read more indepth info and maybe a clip or two about the featured cars on their website. Perhaps only visible in a subscriber-only part of the site.

Maybe I should've patented this idea of mine and become filthy rich... ;D
      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I thought you already were,Herman ;D?! ~J/W.

Comment

I like all of the cars , remember the old baskerville's gallery ?

Comment

Peterson's 4-wheel and off road has been doing the shorty feature thing for years and I think there is totally a place for it. In my opinion there should still be some space for the cars that really deserve the old school long form feature even if just for the photography. I like pictures. :D
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

J/W,
              Chips...!! I knew I should've said 'become more filthy richer'... or is it just 'more filthier and... that's about it' ... :D
              But I do EARN a lot! ... but just don't get it yet...
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

It's fine. Frankly, what brand of rear gear the guy is running and what color his fuzzy dice are don't really matter all that much to me. Less detail and more cars is just fine. Sometimes the commentary/life story of the owner is monontonous.

I like the new HR.
                The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Magazine still doesn't cover as many Inlines as I would like to see :P. ~J/W.

Comment

Did you see the home-built rod with the Packard 8? That thing is awesome!
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Yes,I saw the Packard,but that was a 'once-in-10-years-thing' :. And yes,the Packard was VERY COOL. ~J/W.

Comment

The Packard is awesome and I appreciated that it did get 6pgs.

I'm not a big Mustang fan, but I imagine the 2pg spread about a 14 car collection teased a bunch of Ford fans.

I really like the PHR summary box they include with most of the feature cars that includes a lot more of the specific tech stuff and think it would add a lot. I don't need to know about anyone's fuzzy dice, unless there's a funny story behind them. :D
                        Tampa, FL

Comment

When I first read thru it... I thought it was maybe the best issue I had read in quite a while. i Love the diversity. Kustoms back in HOTROD - YEEHA!! But I usually re-read the mag , a day or so later...and when I did that, it seemed lacking...somehow.....no tech - stories are too short - left me feeling short changed kinda....I love pictures allot, but every pic has a tale to tell that can't be seen in the image...and I guess the tale is really important to me.

I know what the answer is...There are too FEW pages...That's right - The problem is not enough pages....but I am a freak. I LOVE to read. I also re-upped my Sub. Hey they offered 24 issues and a HOTROD hat for 20$.....ya just KANT BEAT that......... ;D
                          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                            Peterson's 4-wheel and off road has been doing the shorty feature thing for years and I think there is totally a place for it. In my opinion there should still be some space for the cars that really deserve the old school long form feature even if just for the photography. I like pictures. :D
                            I like it,, BUT
                            I think a HRM should post on their web site the featured cars , with a run down on the goodies...
                            as there isn't a space limit,persay on the web..
                            even if it's up a few monthes after the mag has hit the stands <lightbulb smiley>

Comment

I like it that there is more cars. I thought most cars were covered well, but I felt like the Mustang II guy needed more info. I would have liked to see a couple pages and some inside on his collection.

Comment

Working...
                              X