Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over/under -- how many connecting rods in the jar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Over/under -- how many connecting rods in the jar?

The old ones, the ones that aren't fractured and destroyed, get sold to other racers. No the high line guys mostly but the second level teams buy lots of stuff.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

If they order 2000 rods, on a average, how many do they use in a season?

Comment

I'd say they probably have some left on the shelf from 2009

23 races, some test days, and enough "new" rods to build 250 motors. The means your averaging a little less than 10 set of rods per event which would work out to an average of five laps per race per car ( four qualifiers and a first round exit). Factor in more elimination rounds (which is a good thing because you need those to win the deal) and you've used up your 2,000 before the season is out. This must be the replenishment order.

My bet is that they have a couple hundred on the shelf.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          The answer?

2,000 billet rods.

:o
          Man.......I was just gonna say 2000

;D
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Thats an awful lot of rods....Thats enough rods to last a life time on an a/fuel car, and you could run for about five years on just the budjet they allow for rods alone. I was talking to Bobby Lagana a while ago and he told me he puts 10 runs on a crank, and swaps it out no matter what, then he asked how many we put on one and he was shocked that it was 80+
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

How many runs does the Buzz Bomb get on a set of rods and a crank? All of 'em. But I start with seasoned parts so everything is stressed relieved "in service" before installation in my pounding 135 HP engine. Actually I figure it's best to avoid any installation errors so I just use the rods and crank as they arrive in the donor engine. Heck, they're proven in service so how am I going to improve on that?

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X